Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Clearly isn't just a City problem

The Bridge is exactly like that and you get shouted down by some idiot if you try to stand up and raise the atmosphere yourself.

The onus should really be on the club to help harness a good atmosphere. There are enough fans at every club who, if put together, could create a loud and intimidating atmosphere. Find a way separate young fans who want to stand and sing all game from the old farts who have done their time to be fair and just want to enjoy the game and the tourists who are just there for a day out and aren't actually fans of the team.

The Bridge just gets loud and rocky for certain games now. Arsenal and City at home this season were brilliant but the rest of the time it's genuinely pathetic how muted and quiet the ground is and the infuriating thing the solution is so simple.

I know; the day may well come where we’re priced out on our seasoncards, but I’m hoping we can hang on for another 5 years when I reach 65 and mine drops to half price.

We used to go to all the home games in all competitions but dropped the domestic cup games a couple of seasons back, when the seasoncard price increased yet again.

The UCL games may well be dropped for the same reason at some point.
fuck me ,don't give them ideas.
have they realised the state retirement age is going up for most people.
Im nearly 59 and have to work till 67 officially.
they'll be raising the age accordingly soon no doubt.

City, along with most clubs, use 65 as the FOC reduction age, however a few use 60 which was a pleasant surprise at away games for a season or two before Covid.

I’m the same as you; state pension age at 67.

I’m not sure if this is correct or not, but I seem to recall reading in the discussion on seasoncard renewals earlier this year, that West Ham had raised the age on their concessionary tickets to 66.

If that’s true, then it’s only a matter of time before other clubs follow :(

The Bridge is exactly like that and you get shouted down by some idiot if you try to stand up and raise the atmosphere yourself.

The onus should really be on the club to help harness a good atmosphere. There are enough fans at every club who, if put together, could create a loud and intimidating atmosphere. Find a way separate young fans who want to stand and sing all game from the old farts who have done their time to be fair and just want to enjoy the game and the tourists who are just there for a day out and aren't actually fans of the team.

The Bridge just gets loud and rocky for certain games now. Arsenal and City at home this season were brilliant but the rest of the time it's genuinely pathetic how muted and quiet the ground is and the infuriating thing the solution is so simple.
Was at the bridge for a work event last night, was quite impressed with all the fan flags still up and around on non match day, something the Etihad lacks with the flags being removed in favour of digital boards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.