Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
When he shouted it four times a decent proportion of the crowd replied four times.

Was at the game and have to admit, the atmosphere was pretty flat.

I put that down partially to the fact that the team were awful first half. But the main reason was the amount of tourists - which I’m not complaining about as without them, the ground wouldn’t be full; they just don’t know any of the chants and therefore, don’t join in when there’s an attempt to get them going.

The only chant that seemed to take hold was “come on City” as they were able to follow that one.

Commented to my lad that the club need to take note of Tuesday’s atmosphere; there needs to be a delicate balance between the loyal supporters who get behind the team no matter what, and the casual supporter who generates money for them.

Whilst a flat atmosphere at UCL group games may be endured every now and again, if they continue to price loyal supporters out in favour of casual supporters for PL games, they run the risk of that being the case on those games as well.

Miserable tosser.

When he shouted it four times a decent proportion of the crowd replied four times.
Not really, it sounds more like

Announcer: ERLING
Crowd: HAALAND
Crowd: ...haaland....
Crowd:
Crowd:

It's always best the first time so just leave it at that

Was at the game and have to admit, the atmosphere was pretty flat.

I put that down partially to the fact that the team were awful first half. But the main reason was the amount of tourists - which I’m not complaining about as without them, the ground wouldn’t be full; they just don’t know any of the chants and therefore, don’t join in when there’s an attempt to get them going.

The only chant that seemed to take hold was “come on City” as they were able to follow that one.

Commented to my lad that the club need to take note of Tuesday’s atmosphere; there needs to be a delicate balance between the loyal supporters who get behind the team no matter what, and the casual supporter who generates money for them.

Whilst a flat atmosphere at UCL group games may be endured every now and again, if they continue to price loyal supporters out in favour of casual supporters for PL games, they run the risk of that being the case on those games as well.
The club isn’t interested in prioritising the loyal supporters, aka ‘legacy fans’.

Soriano’s demographic is Corporate customers who are more interested in the food and networking, or day trippers who will spend hundreds of quid in the club shop and buy into the ‘matchday experience’.

Reactions: PPT
The club isn’t interested in prioritising the loyal supporters, aka ‘legacy fans’.

Soriano’s demographic is Corporate customers who are more interested in the food and networking, or day trippers who will spend hundreds of quid in the club shop and buy into the ‘matchday experience’.

I know; the day may well come where we’re priced out on our seasoncards, but I’m hoping we can hang on for another 5 years when I reach 65 and mine drops to half price.

We used to go to all the home games in all competitions but dropped the domestic cup games a couple of seasons back, when the seasoncard price increased yet again.

The UCL games may well be dropped for the same reason at some point.

We were already through and were playing a team we'd beaten 8-1 on aggregate last season so the atmosphere was flat as little was at stake.
One of the loudest "Come on City" chants came immediately after their first goal.
Six teams were through after four games and UEFA are hoping the new format from next season will lead to fewer dead rubber games. However it's still possible that City and a few others will be guaranteed a top eight finish after six or seven games so dead rubber matches will still exist.

But even in the second attempt, this was not approved at the entrance, said RB. In some cases even utensils were stolen.

Must have tried to bring their own knives and forks for their suppers, or blow up dolls.

They need to blame the Swiss for having "utensils" removed from them I'm afraid, after they had 10 Guy Fawkes amongst them last time, unlucky

Maybe of the ‘legacy’ fans showed a bit more interest in watching the European chanpions in the european champions league they wouldnt have to show more interest in tourists

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.