Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date

The former Barcelona supremo wants the club to play on its ties to the city’s culture and heritage as part of its quest to become “one of the most successful and sustainable football clubs in the world.”

And Soriano says that when seeking to raise City’s profile around the world, it is vital the club emphasises its Manchester roots. He said: “As we grow, the unique identity of Manchester must remain at the heart of our communication with potential supporters around the world.

“Football remains one of the few fields in which it is possible to be local and global at the same time. In fact, people demand it.

As he turfs life long blues out of their seats so he can get more corporates in. Just fuck off Soriano!

You sound a right FOC...football has changed, the world has changed, yes we won the treble, we have new fans, great!! Stop fucking moaning !!!

Yep I fell like a FOC, perhaps its getting to the stage were going to matches are getting to much, both physically mentally and cost.

12 hours in the car kills my back, the early start and late finish knackers me for days. Than I'm watching a boring training game with the away side killing the game.

Why was the atmosphere shit ? Well palace did nothing to make it a game. City were also boring, there real was nothing to get the fans going.
VAR took 3 hours to decide Jack was on side, than took ages on ever City goal. VAR took less than 1 sec to decide palace goal and penalty.

So I agree with you football has changed. I miss the characters in the game, I miss celebrating a goal as we looked at the linesman flag. I miss being around 100% City fans ( sat next to a Sheffield utd yesterday ).
I hate having to let people pass to leave early, I'm trying to watch the fucking game, dont have this problem in the cinema.

Perhaps live football isnt for me anymore was lucking to be in the SS for the villa 3-2 even at 2 down it felt and sounded great.

Anyway on the M6 now heading back to ramsgate had to stop over as the 4am start for the pitch tour and legends lounge treat.

Rant over CTID :)

As he turfs life long blues out of their seats so he can get more corporates in. Just fuck off Soriano!

TBF to Soriano, his remit from Khaldoon is to drive match day revenue. Soriano has made no secret of that.

The aim has always been to get City's match day revenue as close as possible to United's, Liverpool's, Arsenal's, and Chelsea's match day revenue. And now Spurs match day revenue with their brand new stadium.

To do that, Soriano, with the blessing of Khaldoon, has signed off season ticket and match day ticket price rises for the past 11 seasons. I think there was a price freeze for 1 season? Soriano has signed off numerous new corporate and hospitality sections around the ground and off-site. Currently there is a choice of 30 packages and venues. https://www.mancity.com/hospitality/mens

Soriano will rightly point out and argue that City are a very well run club. City currently boast the highest annual revenues in world football. The team is the most successful on the pitch.(after doing the treble) In that aspect Soriano is a good CEO. He is doing a good job. Results on and off the pitch prove that.

Last edited:
There is a simple solution to all the problems regarding the atmosphere in the ground, a majority of clubs in the world have home ends we don't this is the club's fault, we have Kippax Corner and the South Stand we need one stand that is only home fans only and built to be city's answer to The Kop, Yellow Wall etc but we not going to get this if the club decide to shove a corporate area in the new North Stand. The club is it's own worst empty we have the manager coming out asking for a better atmosphere but have Danny Wilson and his department going the opposite way.

The club need to make the whole new North Stand safe-standing except for the Sky Bar, so copying the Yellow Wall in Dortmund, we need to copy what LAFC has done and set up one group that brings all supporters groups together under one organisation then put them all in the new North Stand, LAFC have done this under 3252

1894 does an amazing job, but it's set up like a closed book, just watch Big Steve rant about the Liverpool game about this.

We all have to introduce the supporters' section with drums and capo stands, this helps get the crowd going, look at what people are saying above about being a boring game yesterday.

If saw yesterday online Ipswich have ultra fans, Arsenal have ultra fans all the teams in the SPL have ultra fans, and all the MLS teams have ultra fans

But for whatever reason, there seems to be a NO we can't have someone banging a drum or using a megaphone to get the crowd going as that is NO NO in the EPL, but we had our manager come out on multiple occasions asking for this

Here is a documentary about their fans and also a documentary about a West Ham fan who has given on EPL because of the lack of atmosphere

-Crystal Palace

-West Ham fan gives up on the EPL

We all need to sort out the pricing as well

There is a simple solution to all the problems regarding the atmosphere in the ground, a majority of clubs in the world have home ends we don't this is the club's fault, we have Kippax Corner and the South Stand we need one stand that is only home fans only and built to be city's answer to The Kop, Yellow Wall etc but we not going to get this if the club decide to shove a corporate area in the new North Stand. The club is it's own worst empty we have the manager coming out asking for a better atmosphere but have Danny Wilson and his department going the opposite way.

The club need to make the whole new North Stand safe-standing except for the Sky Bar, so copying the Yellow Wall in Dortmund, we need to copy what LAFC has done and set up one group that brings all supporters groups together under one organisation then put them all in the new North Stand, LAFC have done this under 3252

1894 does an amazing job, but it's set up like a closed book, just watch Big Steve rant about the Liverpool game about this.

We all have to introduce the supporters' section with drums and capo stands, this helps get the crowd going, look at what people are saying above about being a boring game yesterday.

If saw yesterday online Ipswich have ultra fans, Arsenal have ultra fans all the teams in the SPL have ultra fans, and all the MLS teams have ultra fans

But for whatever reason, there seems to be a NO we can't have someone banging a drum or using a megaphone to get the crowd going as that is NO NO in the EPL, but we had our manager come out on multiple occasions asking for this

Here is a documentary about their fans and also a documentary about a West Ham fan who has given on EPL because of the lack of atmosphere

-Crystal Palace

-West Ham fan gives up on the EPL

We all need to sort out the pricing as well

You mean like the 3 stands we have now that are home fans only?

TBF to Soriano, his remit from Khaldoon is to drive match day revenue. Soriano has made no secret of that.

The aim has always been to get City's match day revenue as close as possible to United's, Liverpool's, Arsenal's, and Chelsea's match day revenue. And now Spurs match day revenue with their brand new stadium.

To do that, Soriano, with the blessing of Khaldoon, has signed off season ticket and match day ticket price rises for the past 11 seasons. I think there was a price freeze for 1 season? Soriano has signed off numerous new corporate and hospitality sections around the ground and off-site. Currently there is a choice of 30 packages and venues. https://www.mancity.com/hospitality/mens

Soriano will rightly point out and argue that City are a very well run club. City currently boast the highest annual revenues in world football. The team is the most successful on the pitch.(after doing the treble) In that aspect Soriano is a good CEO. He is doing a good job. Results on and off the pitch prove that.
So how does that equate to 'The former Barcelona supremo wants the club to play on its ties to the city’s culture and heritage'? It's just more corporate bullshit. They don't give a flying fuck about the fans. It's all about the money as you have articulated above,

Nailed it mate...its not tourists it's the "silent majority" at the Etihad, long standing City fans who sit there like it's a fucking morgue !!! HELLO !!! Wake the fuck UP !!!!!
Have to agree. Yesterday was the worst all season. I'm not even talking about singing here, I'm talking about a lack of noise, of emotion even - a stubborn, arms folded refusal to get behind the lads. People talking about what they were going to have for tea, one bloke near me spent the entire match looking towards the east stand and not the pitch and was looking around at me when I was shouting and singing as if I was weird. But worst of all was the people scrolling through pet and holiday pictures on their phone. Really? Unbelievable. Put the thing away for five minutes will you!

At some points I half expected to hear an orchestra start tuning up there was that much silence and random murmuring. I was in a different place from where I'm usually sat and wouldn't ever want to go back to that section of the NS again. Me and the kids dubbed it the 'sleeping section'.

And there wasn't a tourist in sight around me. It was ST holders taking it for granted, sitting back and waiting to be entertained, holding onto their seat for dear life but not sure if they're still enjoying it or if they're really after a quiet place to catch up with cousins and in-laws. I felt sorry for SS1 trying to hold it down on their own. Usually you get a few people who are game in the NS and the East Stand but yesterday was poor - we deserved Palace saying 'We forgot that you were here'.

Last edited:
So how does that equate to 'The former Barcelona supremo wants the club to play on its ties to the city’s culture and heritage'? It's just more corporate bullshit. They don't give a flying fuck about the fans. It's all about the money as you have articulated above,

If you remember back to when Sheikh Mansour first bought City that was one of the opening gambits from Khalddon speaking on behalf of Sheikh Mansour. They both promised to put City’s loyal fan base first and foremost, point out our loyal support for the club, and how important we are to the club. Obviously over time priorities change and that has fallen by the wayside somewhat.(being kind) But as I keep on saying, Sheikh Mansour, Khalddon and Soriano can and will rightly say they have delivered on and off the pitch. Trophies, huge investment in managers, players, the stadium, the CFA, in the local area, investing £100’s of millions, creating 1000’s of new jobs, etc.

Because Soriano & Co are filling the Etihad full of tourists, day trippers, new, and casual City fans who have no emotional attachment to the club, as well as regular City fans who want to beat the traffic to get home early.
Sad to say, having sat all over the ground over the years, I think we've got a lot of people who have got an emotional attachment to their seat, but feel no obligation to vocally support or see the game out. The 30k plus ST holders and the thousands of non-ST holding loyal/local shouldn't be shocked into a silence because there's a German guy behind them or a Chinese student, or an eight-year-old next to their long-standing group of friends, family and matchday acquaintances. They should be showing them how it's done, but in large sections of the ground, they won't. They sit there in silence, they gossip, mutter, flick through their phones, sing under their breath - after about 70mins - and then leave on the 75th. If anyone around them is shouting they look at them like they've farted in a lift. The club's policies don't always help, but the relatively small proportion of non-regulars are a convenient scapegoat for a fanbase that is overwhelmingly, local, mature, and has been going for so long it's become a quiet ritual. We have SS1 and a few noisy, but isolated pockets and a lot of snoozers and shy folk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.