Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I agree that a lot of people around the ground can't be arsed, but it's still up to the singing sections to lead by example.

As someone who sits in 232, I can tell you that when a chant is sung clearly and loudly by the south stand, most people join along with the song.

The problem is that the songs are never sung loudly and clearly as we have 3 different singing sections each only consisting of about 500 people.

From where I sit it's a distant hum of noise, and completely impossible to join in with.

It's a lose lose, because you can't hear the singing sections and if you try to start your own chants you'll just be adding to an already convoluted mess of noise.

In conclusion the club need to absolutely put atmosphere first with this new north stand, as I truly believe that a single more vocal singing section will also allow more people to join in around the ground.

Bullshit, you could still buy a ticket today, and if you're a season ticket holder and you gave it up tough shit, this excuse about tourists and day trippers is absolute bollocks, its the City fans in the stadium (local, die hards, legacy fans whatever you want to call them) who sit there like fucking statues, no singing fuck all, that's a lot of City fans...absolute apathy...

Posted at 7:18pm last night by me. I didn't specifically mention tourists and day trippers.

Replying.

No it wasn't until the Palace equaliser. Then everyone fucked off. At least SSL1 stayed and carried on singing up to that point.. Where were the other 3 stands, sat in silence and doing a fucking fire drill. I saw it with my own eyes.

You're absolutely correct. City fans could have bought a ticket yesterday as long as they had a 'Citizens membership card (Adult 18+ · £25 ; Matchday Membership. Adult 18+ · £35 ; Junior Membership. Junior Pack 0-12 · £20) and were prepared to pay £51-£68 for the privilege of watching City play Crystal Palace. Obviously a lot of City fans weren't prepared to pay that.

I’ve been working away so not been to many this season but I don’t know what the fuck has happened but what I do know it’s nothing to do with tourists etc it’s on us to make the atmosphere and it’s just a pathetic get out to blame anyone but ourselves hopefully it improves from now until end of season

As for the tourists and day trippers, I don't have a problem with them. They are either (new) City fans or they aren't City fans but want to watch City play, and to see players like Haaland play. I'm sure the majority of them do support City in one way or another during the match without actually knowing the words to certain chants or not joining in with the singing.

Back of 314 / 315 were singing that stone roses song for 10 minutes straight and still the rest of the stand couldn't be arsed to join in. It's not a tourist issue it's a CBA issue

We can't hear you on SSL1. It's the acoustic issue of the ground. I'm sure if we could hear you we'd join in with you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.