Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Stop songs about the rags unless they are visiting Manchester and the shit champions again is too frequent The biggest issue is the number of different areas that sing and the lack of coordination Hopefully it will be addressed when the north stand is populated

Watching West Ham V Wolves.

Plenty of empty seats.
Hardly any singing from both sets of fans.
As we’ve all agreed, it’s not only at City where the match day atmosphere is dieing.

It’s happening at every club. I’m watching Liverpool vs United and other than the odd chant it’s been pretty quiet.

Even teams like villa and Newcastle. I’ve seen their fans complain about atmosphere, increasing corporate areas and how tickets are being distributed. There’s a number of factors, which are killing the noise levels at most grounds

It’s hardly rocking at Anfield considering it’s the biggest game in England and in world football. ;-)
It’s like a morgue.

I’m sure that’ll all be airbrushed out when they score and Spitty has his obligatory orgasm.

Will be far too late in 2 years. The new stand will open after Pep and all his staff have fucked off when the club have to deal with a huge vacuum that will take years to recover from from.
That's also when the tourists will stop coming and the club will find it needs new season ticket holders and more sensible pricing, just as core fans retire and, possibly, the 115 lies result in sanctions. Who knows, the Rags might even have got their act together by then. We are living through a golden age from a football perspective, and a business perspective, where all the stars have aligned, but ups and downs are inevitable.

It’s happening at every club. I’m watching Liverpool vs United and other than the odd chant it’s been pretty quiet.

Even teams like villa and Newcastle. I’ve seen their fans complain about atmosphere, increasing corporate areas and how tickets are being distributed. There’s a number of factors, which are killing the noise levels at most grounds
Anfield has been like this since the post covid season. Actual fans around the country are being priced out and forgotten about because you have resellers selling tickets to tourists and fans who aren’t usual match goers because they know it’s going to bring them in a 300% mark up for games like todays. It seems to only be the successful teams that they all go to and City are the new favourite of the global fanbase. Give it 10 years and it’ll all be back to normal in regards to getting tickets but it’s a kick in the bollocks to those who’ve been going for a whole. 0 loyalty restrictions for the Real Madrid game was only the start and the farce of ticket selling for this season ruined the experience for many fans who have spent so much following City over the years and thrown them under the bus because of the singular profit for the tickets sold instead of season tickets. At the end of the day, football now is becoming a business venture and the true fans of clubs are nothing more than an afterthought who get a token gesture like the commemorative medals once a year. And in no way am I against tourists coming to football it’s a sign of how far we’ve come but the fans who’ve spent over the years and been loyal should be getting priority.

I’ve no idea of the figures involved but your average match going fan for decades doesn’t bring in huge amounts of income the club needs in order to compete and comply. If they want to increase revenue from all sources then packages will be the way forwards.

It’s not yet been confirmed but I understand no Seasoncards went on general sale for this season. I was interesting in getting one so I kept an eye on it all. Saw nothing.
There’s at least 10 not renewed near me (hopefully not because of me lol) and all have been replaced by different day trippers every game, do season ticket holders not being replaced with season ticket holders. Bad for the atmosphere and bad for youngsters who want to become regulars. Shame on City for that

We’ve climbed the mountain as a club

there is an apathy on the pitch and in the stands

I sit in CB3 and bar the odd big game , I’m surrounded by kids on a school trip , these are the ones with the phone lights on every game

there are tickets available for every game it’s just that some of our core fans can’t be arsed anymore

without these tourists there would be 45k max at 60% of the games

We’ve climbed the mountain as a club

there is an apathy on the pitch and in the stands

I sit in CB3 and bar the odd big game , I’m surrounded by kids on a school trip , these are the ones with the phone lights on every game

there are tickets available for every game it’s just that some of our core fans can’t be arsed anymore

without these tourists there would be 45k max at 60% of the games

If you've not got an ST you need £60 to £70 to spare for the match, twice that if you've got kids in tow, and a job where you can spend the morning it goes on sale refreshing your laptop, phone etc. That's bound to drive away some who have given up or not felt they needed an ST, and now can't get one, but would still go repeatedly if ticketing was easier or cheaper. An ST holder since the fifties retires, and that ST never goes back on sale. Personally, between glitches, queue allocations, fastest finger sale process and demand/bots I've found getting tickets to games has been like the Hunger Games this season. Not just for Rags, Arse, Scouse but the usual Cat B/C fixtures I attend. But then you turn up and see an empty seat next to you. Don't know if its folk not selling back their seat due to something unforeseen, or a reseller thing.

Have West Ham fans got an atmosphere thread on their forums? ;-)

74-E8821-C-9-EB6-4167-B2-CB-DD4-A25-BAB362.jpg

Don't know I don't support West ham so don't care.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.