Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
There was a great atmosphere at Ipswich v Norwich yesterday much better than Liverpool v utd today

Ipswich and Norwich is a proper old fashioned derby. They really hate each other and their fans are almost entirely made up of genuinely passionate locals, not foorball tourists / hospitality / corporate types.

PL derbies are generally tame events nowadays.

It's not the club ffs, how is it their fault if people don't sing/back the team ?
Because they price out the people that would sing and they have hospitality all over the ground even in the south stand where the atmosphere is going to come from they have hospitality in the middle of level 3 and 1

There were several Blues giving away tickets on the Man City face Value Tickets and travel Facebook Page. I tried to give away a couple of tickets but the system wouldn’t let me transfer them.

Loads of Blues didn’t want to go on the day and were trying to sell their tickets for cut price. There’s not a lot the Club can do if our fans don’ fancy it. Maybe let individual match day tickets be transferred on the system.

Hopefully the Etihad will be packed for Sheff Utd and Huddersfield at home.

I’d try and make the whole process easier to buy tickets. Right now you need to buy a membership and it’s almost impossible to get a few seats together. So if you’re paying for a family or a few mates want to go, it’s really difficult.

Trying to transfer tickets can be a pain as well, especially if you’re not tech savvy. You used to be able to turn up on the day and buy spare match day tickets - I don’t think that happens much now.

Because they price out the people that would sing and they have hospitality all over the ground even in the south stand where the atmosphere is going to come from they have hospitality in the middle of level 3 and 1
Getting season tickets or swaps to the safe standing areas is also impossible now........people who want to sing etc can't get in there now. It's also not cheap there ...only cheap in the Gods of SSL3. Not many sing up there that often now apart from the ones at the back near the away fans. Stand up for more than a few seconds and blues jump down your throat.

The demographics of club have changed , I took my youngest to a stadium tour 8 years ago I could see this coming, I’d walk across the etihad ritually every Saturday morning in the 70’s with my old man taking me to his works on briscoe lane next door to the fire station.
It’s shit how many old school l faces you don’t see anymore these faces you want these faces are the bread and butter . The club are giving up . I’ll get some on here who don’t agree but we’re now the club who we used to ridicule,

I think it’s younger adults who have been effected by this in particular. Other than in small pockets of the south stand you do not see groups of young lads anymore. I was looking around me yesterday in 109 and most people were easily 50 and above.

I haven’t got an issue with older fans, they’ve done the hard yards, but in the past younger fans would come in primarily and make a load of noise. That’s just not happening now. Younger adults generally can’t afford to pay our match day prices. It’s not just a city issue either.

We do need the people who are at the ground now to start making noise again either way though. There’s loads of people who could sing or shout that don’t.

Last edited:
the club sorted a singing section, and its quiet half the time.

Can we blame lazy fans? YES

Tourist fans to blame? YES

Pricing for a game, when the away team plays at least half less? YES

Atmosphere was dying a death at alot of clubs, they've brought in little ultra groups and the atmosphere is a lot better at these grounds.

You have Aberdeen, Rangers & Celtic doing it.

You've got teams like Newcastle, Villa and Arsenal all doing it in some shape or form.

Palace have done it for years but they were really quiet last night.

Even clubs like Stockport have started doing it and the reaction to having an organised singing section has been well recieved.

It doesnt have to have a megaphone or drums. it can be done.

The completon of the north stand wont do shit

So still a good 30/40 thousand who aren't in corporate...you're talking absolute nonsense.

A suggestion for the Mods - close the thread for comments, then re-open it after every home game, with copy/pasted comments from the previous home game. The same barking at the wind happens after every home game, the same stand v stand bullshit, the same slagging of our own...fucking yawnfest all season.

Football has changed, the club have changed, the European champions are not the City we once had. We belong to the world now. Dogshit alley is consigned to history, as is The Parkside. Typical City is dead. Pete the Badge is now Timothy the Tourist. Helens bell is now an I-pad. Pies are now a fillet of Venison with a nettle joius.

The sooner we all accept this new reality, the better chance we have of actually enjoying what's left of our game.

The alternative is that we drown in sentimental froth, engulfed by rage, howling at the injustice of it all, as the white van pulls up to cart us off the nuthouse.

Meanwhile, the world still turns.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.