Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
We’ve climbed the mountain as a club

there is an apathy on the pitch and in the stands

I sit in CB3 and bar the odd big game , I’m surrounded by kids on a school trip , these are the ones with the phone lights on every game

there are tickets available for every game it’s just that some of our core fans can’t be arsed anymore

without these tourists there would be 45k max at 60% of the games

I don’t think you can just blame apathy for that. The match day ticket prices are ridiculous. It was £51 for a ticket against palace!

If league tickets were affordable we’d easily sell out. Fa cup games are a great example of that or when tickets in ss3 away section are cheaper.

I don’t think you can just blame apathy for that. The match day ticket prices are ridiculous. It was £51 for a ticket against palace!

If league tickets were affordable we’d easily sell out. Fa cup games are a great example of that or when tickets in ss3 away section are cheaper.
It sold out originally and there were 35 left in the end.

We’ve climbed the mountain as a club

there is an apathy on the pitch and in the stands

I sit in CB3 and bar the odd big game , I’m surrounded by kids on a school trip , these are the ones with the phone lights on every game

there are tickets available for every game it’s just that some of our core fans can’t be arsed anymore

without these tourists there would be 45k max at 60% of the games

Yet there was thread after thread at the back end of last season, full of people who have been loyal fans for decades, who couldn’t get tickets for games.

When the season is 5 months in and there has not been one remotely acceptable atmosphere all season you know it’s fucked. It’s like a morgue every single week now.

Honestly breaks my spirit thinking that our club where the fans used to be the only good thing about it for years has now been reduced to a joke on match day.

Things seemed to get back on track last season but every game this season has been an embarrassment.

Totally bizarre that 95% of the stadium don’t make a sound. I can almost understand not joining in songs - but not making any noise whatsoever is weird.

When we score against teams like Palace its gentle applause.

At the final whistle half the stadium has fucked off 10 mins earlier and a good number of those stayed yesterday chose to boo.

Wtf has happened to us ?

Nobody in senior positions at the club gives a fuck.

Empty seats every game yet those without season cards can’t get a ridiculously priced ticket cause it’s sold out on the planner - but the international agencies return their unsold £300 tickets.

will never understand how during the greatest ever period in the clubs history those running the club have managed to royally fuck it up in the stands to where we are now !
It's not the club ffs, how is it their fault if people don't sing/back the team ?

At Burnley yesterday, day ruined by news of Palaces equaliser when i arrived at the Turf. Home atmosphere poor as the realisation dawns that Burnley are out of their depth. Everton support amazing singing throughout the first half many songs unique to them. One classic moment though on ten minutes the Longside and the Cricket Field roared out "Everton are corrupt" before the Evertonians could abuse the premier league. As bad a day for results yesterday as i can remember, and at Anfield today want both teams to lose. Know no joy till City learn how to hold a lead again.
Everton with unique songs ? Really???

There were several Blues giving away tickets on the Man City face Value Tickets and travel Facebook Page. I tried to give away a couple of tickets but the system wouldn’t let me transfer them.

Loads of Blues didn’t want to go on the day and were trying to sell their tickets for cut price. There’s not a lot the Club can do if our fans don’ fancy it. Maybe let individual match day tickets be transferred on the system.

Hopefully the Etihad will be packed for Sheff Utd and Huddersfield at home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.