Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
What I really don't get is why we can't get this chant going and be singing it loud and proud as we should be

South stand,, "we are the champions champions of England"

East stand "we are the champions champions of Europe"

And on and on and on,,, easy and loud would sound immense,,, but we would rather churn out,, city's going down with a billion in the bank!!!

Despite empty seats here and there, was a bigger crowd than I thought they would be.
Atmosphere was poor tho, just one of them things .

What I really don't get is why we can't get this chant going and be singing it loud and proud as we should be

South stand,, "we are the champions champions of England"

East stand "we are the champions champions of Europe"

And on and on and on,,, easy and loud would sound immense,,, but we would rather churn out,, city's going down with a billion in the bank!!!

I wouldn’t say all season. The atmosphere was OK at the start of the season. Certainly not a patch on the end of last season, but it was OK.
Then at some point the atmosphere tailed off this season leading up to the Liverpool home game when we’re all agreed the atmosphere crashed during that game. After the Liverpool game it’s been hit and miss, but it hasn’t really recovered since then. It’s hard to put your finger on why the atmosphere has declined this season. There isn’t one specific reason. Hopefully as we get into March when we have that difficult run of games, the CL games. and towards the tail end of the season, the atmosphere will pick up again?

I wouldn’t say all season. The atmosphere was OK at the start of the season. Certainly not a patch on the end of last season, but it was OK.
Then at some point the atmosphere tailed off this season leading up to the Liverpool home game when we’re all agreed the atmosphere crashed during that game. After the Liverpool game it’s been hit and miss, but it hasn’t really recovered since then. It’s hard to put your finger on why the atmosphere has declined this season. There isn’t one specific reason. Hopefully as we get into March when we have that difficult run of games, the CL games. and towards the tail end of the season, the atmosphere will pick up again?
To be honest jrb,, we all need to get our finger out of our arses and just stop expecting us to win, I'm to blame as well cause I've done it, just sit back and have a good chat, I think we're actually forgetting were there to " support" city and just have a good laugh as we used to do,, as you say it's been lost, maybe we really do need a cpl of seasons of actually winning fuck all to get it back,, I just find it weird

To be honest jrb,, we all need to get our finger out of our arses and just stop expecting us to win, I'm to blame as well cause I've done it, just sit back and have a good chat, I think we're actually forgetting were there to " support" city and just have a good laugh as we used to do,, as you say it's been lost, maybe we really do need a cpl of seasons of actually winning fuck all to get it back,, I just find it weird
I've never sat back and just chatted so the likes of you are to blame...

I couldn’t give a toss about the atmosphere tonight, I was soaked which led to being cold. Couldn’t wait to get back to the car!

We are going to need to crank up several levels though, we need to play a part in winning number four.

People who weren’t there giving lectures on the atmosphere lol. If you care so much, turn up and get behind the lads.
I didn't go tonight but i only missed a couple of minutes of 2nd half as i had to go for a quick dump, then i was straight back in my armchair. I even stayed until the end and clapped the lads off the pitch; )

People in the ground should be singing more and generally making more noise (cheering and shouting the team on), however I would say having thousands of fans miss the first 20 minutes of the game had a big effect.

The met was awful and the security outside the ground was taking an age to scan people through.
City centre was gridlocked and that will only get worse as the car-hating cuntish clowns on the council close even more roads. Plenty arrived late which may have been due to traffic and/or weather but did the 7-30 KO catch a few out?
Atmosphere wasn't up to much but that was hardly a surprise as many in the ground were soaked (bloody slow wand stewards), Burnley fans and team were shite, and we generally gave up after an hour.

Oh look the criticise the fans thread is top.

I didn't go tonight for a number of reasons, but mainly work related, late extra shift, and 3-4 hours travel each way over 2 days, a late decision, but my ticket was still used.

I thought, watching on TV (I feel embarrased obviously), that it was pretty good, all things considered, the early kick off, apparant traffic issues everywhere, and the attrocious weather before hand.

The football for the large part was a training ground excercise, and they didn't (burnley) add much (or anything) to the atmosphere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.