Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I wish we could swap our 1980’s fanbase with this one … you could hear a pin drop for large parts of last night.
It’s the same at each ground though, but for some reason our own fans think it’s just at ours, in part.

Anfield is a library apart from the first 5 minutes of another magical European night at Anfield(TM). Old Trafford the same. They’re all morgues.

Wait until April and May when the matches mean something more and more.

Worst atmosphere of the season in SS3.

Not one song being sung with any gusto, probably not helped with the wetness and empty seats in fact, the empty blue seats at home song was the best of our efforts.

Last night was a homegame that was over after 22 mins against a knockover opponent. Allied to that most of the crowd were bloody freezing - thanks to the council in association with the club I now have to park over 30 mins walk from the ground, and promptly got piss wet through on this newly added long trek to the ground.

I thus spent the entire game soaked, freezing and naffed off so apologies if I didnt sing enough. Tbh even as I got the turnstile Id wished Id stayed home and not bothered due to the drenching. Weve beaten that lot 13 times on the spin and theyve scored something like 2 goals in that span - even their own fans didnt bother filling an away end 45 mins drive away which tells you they knew what was coming. A one sided affair that we basically stopped trying to score in once Rodri bagged and we largely passed it sideways for 45 mins after that.

Last edited:
Completely agree, that liverpool game was a shocker for atmosphere, I think I posted on here about how disappointed I was with it.

Always takes two to tango when games like that happen.

Liverpool on the most are worse than United and other 'bigger' teams for singing away.

Do you remember the 1-0 game we won against Liverpool? Kiki Musampa 90 odd min winner?

That game was awful for atmosphere

I wish we could swap our 1980’s fanbase with this one … you could hear a pin drop for large parts of last night.
Think there is a lot of revisionism about what it was like back in the day. Maine Rd was often half empty and the atmosphere was very much hit and miss. There was also the spectacle of thousands leaving the ground 10 minutes before the end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.