Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I know what your saying m8 I really do but this ain't the first time is it,, the liverpool game a home was the worst I've seen at any city game for a game as important as that
And I've had my ticket since 83-84
Completely agree, that liverpool game was a shocker for atmosphere, I think I posted on here about how disappointed I was with it.

But we've also seen some of our best atmospheres ever in the last 12 months, Arsenal and Real Madrid last season spring to mind.

Today was a January Midweek game against Burnley, nobody expected the atmosphere to be good, yet you still get people posting on here about how the atmosphere was rubbish and that its the end of the world.

If that atmosphere today was at a derby game then yes I'd be absolutely furious at how rubbish it was, but for a January midweek game against Burnley it was fine.

I wouldn’t say all season. The atmosphere was OK at the start of the season. Certainly not a patch on the end of last season, but it was OK.
Then at some point the atmosphere tailed off this season leading up to the Liverpool home game when we’re all agreed the atmosphere crashed during that game. After the Liverpool game it’s been hit and miss, but it hasn’t really recovered since then. It’s hard to put your finger on why the atmosphere has declined this season. There isn’t one specific reason. Hopefully as we get into March when we have that difficult run of games, the CL games. and towards the tail end of the season, the atmosphere will pick up again?
This happens every year. We'll be back to our best once it warms up and we have some big games to look forward to. Rags and Arse, the atmosphere will take care of itself

Completely agree, that liverpool game was a shocker for atmosphere, I think I posted on here about how disappointed I was with it.

But we've also seen some of our best atmospheres ever in the last 12 months, Arsenal and Real Madrid last season spring to mind.

Today was a January Midweek game against Burnley, nobody expected the atmosphere to be good, yet you still get people posting on here about how the atmosphere was rubbish and that its the end of the world.

If that atmosphere today was at a derby game then yes I'd be absolutely furious at how rubbish it was, but for a January midweek game against Burnley it was fine.
I'll agree to disagree with your last point, but yer right with the Madrid game,, 1 of thee best atmospheres I've experienced in 40 years as a ticket holder

I didn't go tonight but i only missed a couple of minutes of 2nd half as i had to go for a quick dump, then i was straight back in my armchair. I even stayed until the end and clapped the lads off the pitch; )
Did you piss in the sink to give you the authentic Etihad experience as well?

Whatever the dippers are doing they seem to have it right, not an empty seat to be seen last night.

What I really don't get is why we can't get this chant going and be singing it loud and proud as we should be

South stand,, "we are the champions champions of England"

East stand "we are the champions champions of Europe"

And on and on and on,,, easy and loud would sound immense,,, but we would rather churn out,, city's going down with a billion in the bank!!!
100%.

We have to be organised.

Simple chants for flat games gets the whole thing going.

Must drop 'going down with a billion in the bank & buy yer club & burn it down' ...juvenile shite !!

The club are capitalising on the success. It was £120 to get my dad and brother a ticket… for Burnley. That’s about 1/4 of my total season ticket price in SSL3. Atmosphere been shite all season tbh as well

Do you know what I would love to do. Just go in the North stand for one game and sing champions again ole ole non stop for the first 45 mins. Then second half sing boys in blue non stop until final whistle. Do you think I would piss people off around me for doing that. I dont have to stand up or anything and there is no swearing in those songs. Would just like to see what would happen.

I wish we could swap our 1980’s fanbase with this one … you could hear a pin drop for large parts of last night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.