Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
It’s been good to read a few posts from young families on the Facebook pages saying how happy their kids were to be at the game last night. It’s good that some of the youngsters are a lot hardier than some of us Bluemoaners.

I’m glad to see the more reasonable pricing against Brentford. Hopefully, there won’t be another rail strike or monsoon weather conditions.

Maine Rd was my happy place had the best times of my life there however it was not always the Bear pit its made out to be. Can still taste the atmosphere at the Boro semi in 76, the 3 1 against Liverpool in 77 wish we were and the Wigan play off. But can remember watching Wimbledon and Oxford in the old first division with 18,000 hardy souls as silent as the grave. The best season for consistent atmosphere was 99 as specially after Christmas. Wish we were back there now with Kippax in full voice, nostalgia ain't what it used to be.
The atmosphere at that Wigan play off Semi was very good wasn't it! It was a mixture of pure adrenaline, nerves, proper passion and desperation to get out of that division. Even watching clips of that game 25 years on the whole stadium sounds so loud.
At the opposite end of the scale atmosphere wise, one game that stands out was a 1:0 defeat against Notts County in 83. That was bloody shit, awful game, not too many away fans and the realisation that we could be heading for a relegation fight made Maine Road feel like a morgue rmthat day!

Best night ever in the (proper) Kippax for a much younger me.

81 Everton ?
I'll agree it was great v Everton 80-81 and v Boro 75-76, and I'll add rags 4-0 in the same season (League Cup), Wigan in the play-offs and rags 3-1 in the last Maine Road derby.
I'll also chuck in Newcastle Boxing Day 1977. If you were there you'll know why.

FOUR..FOUR..FOUR..
FOUR..FOUR..FOUR..
FOUR..FOUR..FOUR..
FOUR..FOUR..FOUR..

A simple,atmospheric chant to drive the team on to football immortality.

I'll get a song sheet printed with all the words on, ,including the second verse !!

Pep wants an atmosphere at home like he has had at Bayern at home and receives at Man City Away games.

Problems at home games are due to Manchester City making awful mistakes with how the stadium is set up. The only solution is to get the North Stand right and create a Blue Wall like our chairman wants, there must be some execs who fucked royally to muck the stadium atmosphere, it must be the same exec who wants 600 GA+ seats right in the middle of North Stand.

The other solution is to copy what the rest of Europe and the world are doing by having an ultra-section in the ground

Pep wants an atmosphere at home like he has had at Bayern at home and receives at Man City Away games.

Problems at home games are due to Manchester City making awful mistakes with how the stadium is set up. The only solution is to get the North Stand right and create a Blue Wall like our chairman wants, there must be some execs who fucked royally to muck the stadium atmosphere, it must be the same exec who wants 600 GA+ seats right in the middle of North Stand.

The other solution is to copy what the rest of Europe and the world are doing by having an ultra-section in the ground
Why do tou keep banging on your drum about ultras? I don't know any blue who would want us to turn into ultras. We're proper fans, not ultra twats

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.