Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Don't think anyone was up for last night, to be fair, so well done to the lads for bringing the win home. Traffic was awful, everyone was late, everyone was cold. Just a shit, shit experience last night and you could tell nobody was arsed. Would also help if they turned the music down a bit before the game and at half-time. Feel like ever since the pandemic they've made the music that bit louder and stops any atmosphere being generated by the crowd. Trying to have a conversation with someone two inches away from you is nearly impossible.

Ahh, so we just need pep to announce he’s quitting at the end of the season then?
The two situations are poles apart, not to mention they were playing Chelsea whilst we were playing Burnley.
Their support is a myth.
It was mentioned above that the Liverpool game this season was one of the worst atmosphere wise for a long time

I commented at the time the dippers were pathetic that day. Silent!! Its the same at anfield every home game.

Maine Rd was my happy place had the best times of my life there however it was not always the Bear pit its made out to be. Can still taste the atmosphere at the Boro semi in 76, the 3 1 against Liverpool in 77 wish we were and the Wigan play off. But can remember watching Wimbledon and Oxford in the old first division with 18,000 hardy souls as silent as the grave. The best season for consistent atmosphere was 99 as specially after Christmas. Wish we were back there now with Kippax in full voice, nostalgia ain't what it used to be.
Best night ever in the (proper) Kippax for a much younger me.

It was a bit quiet last night, put it was to be expected with all due respects it was never going to be a memorable game there was little jeopardy, traffic was a nightmare getting to the ground it took me longer to drive from Urmston than it normally does driving from Southport plus I got soaked walking to the ground, however all things considered there were a lot more there than I expected, looking over to the family stand I could not see that many empty seats like we normally have for midweek PL games, there a lot of tourists as well, what could be a more Mancunian football experience a Wednesday night game in the pissing rain

81 Everton ?

What a night! Anyone who was at Pius in Victoria Park will remember the night before the tickets went on sale the gym coincidently burned down and school was cancelled on the Monday!

There was an awful lot of familiar faces in the ticket queue that morning!

If they have been going since the sixties, they may well be 80 years old. If I’m healthy enough just to get to the Etihad at that age I’ll be chuffed.
I've been going since the 60s and I'm nowhere near 80..
Saying that I guess I'm nearer to my 80th than I am to my 50th now lol
Age isn't a reason not to get behind the team but then again not everyone likes singing and shouting..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.