Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Nervous away end that today. The second half was rough in parts. So I can understand the atmosphere it’s a feeling we don’t get often these days really. So I think that’s partly to blame, we did everything to play into the dippers atmosphere in the second half really.

Can confirm had at least 5/6 people around me more arsed videoing for “vlogs” than the game.

Was it full of tourists? Actually thought before the game it seems to be a good crowd of the usual faces, seemed similar in the stand apart from 2 Asian lads behind me who were clearly blues but still filmed Liverpool attacks until I said to put their phone away rather than it unfortunately be knacked out of their hand, they were filming City's defense was the response.
The worst we've been in a big game in along time.

The concourses, see the pictures tomorrow on the North stand thread, were very subdued today. And that’s being kind. They were flooded with LFC stewards, City stewards, GMP Officers, and Merseyside Police Officers.

Last edited:
For a one off a game against City and other top PL teams Liverpool fans can certainly create an atmosphere. But Anfield isn’t like what it was yesterday for most of their home PL games.

Yesterday has shown that putting away fans on the corner pitch side makes a huge impact on their support. Liverpool were going to put away fans on L2 of the new Anfield Road stand, but they have changed their minds and are keeping them in the corner of L1. Arsenal have done it. Spurs have done it.

City should try and find a way of doing something similar at the Etihad. Give the away fans blocks 114, 111, 110 and 109, when the North stand is built and City fans relocate there. Then give the current away sections on L2 and L3 to City fans. That way the away fans will be stuck in the corner of SL1 and ESL, and City fans will have almost both ends of the Etihad for home fans.

Last edited:
The concourses, see the pictures tomorrow on the North stand thread, were very subdued today. And that’s being kind. They were flooded with LFC stewards, City stewards, GMP Officers, and Merseyside Police Officers.

They don’t seem to know the rules of association rules football. Every slight contact with their players they are all up screaming foul and any time the ball is launched above waist height it’s handball. Absolute weirdos.

Yesterday has shown that putting away fans on the corner pitch side makes a huge impact on their support. Liverpool we’re going to put away fans on L2 of the new Anfield Road stand, but they have changed their minds and are keeping them in the corner of L1. Arsenal have done it. Spurs have done it.

City should try and find a way of doing something similar at the Etihad. Give the away fans blocks 114, 111, 110 and 109, when the North stand is built and City fans relocate there. Then given give the current away sections on L2 and L3 to City fans. That way the away fans will be stuck in the corner of SL1 and ESL, and City fans will have almost both ends of the Etihad for home fans.
100% This.

It can be done with little reorganisation of segregation,security etc but would help build a second home end whist splitting oop away fans.

PL insist that away fans are pitch side.....sorted !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.