Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
It's great on the pitch isn't it because of Pep, but off the pitch it's shit because of Khaldoon, Soriano, Wilson & Co.

I could be wrong, but looking at the away end it was full of people who’d never been to a game in their life (filming the game/ half &half scarves)

I wasnt there, so again I could be wrong, but I think it’s clear there’s a direct correlation to high ticket points games and poor atmospheres. The best away ends now are in the cup.
Bristol city away last season was the best I’ve personally been to in years

On the coach coming back.

I'm out of the atmosphere thread.

Regardless of the FOC's not making the effort today, the City away end was full of tourists, day trippers, Hong Kongers/Chinese, etc.

Argue the toss about the atmosphere all you want, which included me for years, but the club really doesn't give a fuck.

You've got what you wanted City. Fuck

I wasn’t there granted but the majority of away ends you can hear us loud, only games this year have been today and Arsenal away where you couldn’t really hear us that much, look at Luton a few weeks ago where we nearly shook the ground makes think, hypothetically should be the same groups of people are luton game as today…
Our support at Wolves and Sheff Utd was very mediocre too.

Last edited:
Agree to an extent but let’s have this right - there were plenty of our old school fans there today as well. Some of those fans are as less likely to get songs going as the touristy fans and that’s the uncomfortable truth. We can’t blame it all on the newcomers/JCLs. I tried getting songs going several times today during the second half and there were plenty of regular fans around me but I’d have been better off flogging the proverbial dead horse. Our away ends are absolute quality at times but that’s not always the case and today is an example of that.

I will add that normally Liverpool fans at Anfield are fuck all once the YAWN shite has finished at the start or the game isn’t going their way. The Mahrez penalty miss game was a classic case in point where we bossed the atmosphere. However, they turned up today.
I had my doubts about how the atmosphere would be today after nobody joined in with my, “All the way to Kiev” chants in midweek.

They way they come our place every year and sing about our atmosphere you would think there ground would be electric every week
Was silent there this season other than FT even though they battered us 90% of the game. Don’t mind Villa as a club but their fans are awful, saw them attacking kids at Wembley at the league cup final in 2020 and they have the biggest big club/small club chip on their shoulder I’ve seen outside of Leeds

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.