Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
100% This.

It can be done with little reorganisation of segregation,security etc but would help build a second home end whist splitting oop away fans.

PL insist that away fans are pitch side.....sorted !!
Importantly the away fans will still have access to the away coach park from L1. It definitely can be done.

Imagine having 6000 home fans in SSL3, 8000 home fans in NSL2, the singing sections on SSL1, and the away fans stuck in the corner of L1. Wow! OK, we would lose singers in ESL1, blocks 111 and 110.

I appreciate people who stand in 111, 110 and 109 won’t be happy with my idea as they would have to relocate, but they could be given the oportunity to relocate first to SSL1, SSL3, SSL2 or to the new NSL2 home end.

As much as I find it irritating, impressive, and laughable in equal measure, we can't deny that Liverpool's atmosphere is based around that collective "Ole Ole" anthem.
More importantly, (and regardless of what we think), they all buy into this intangible notion that it somehow galvanises their players into giving more effort.

Simultaneously, some of our big names didn't perform yesterday, and immediately prior to the substitutions, it almost appeared as though we'd thrown in the towel. The tension was unbearable, and given our appalling record at Anfield, the atmosphere in the away end was suitably muted.

Is Anfield always like this?
I seriously doubt it, but I also think that too many of our songs are celebratory or based on previous players or achievements, and whilst Blue Moon might be associated with City it's more melancholic than inspirational.

Not that many rival fanbases resemble atmospheric boiling cauldrons of explosive spite and bile.

As much as I find it irritating, impressive, and laughable in equal measure, we can't deny that Liverpool's atmosphere is based around that collective "Ole Ole" anthem.
More importantly, (and regardless of what we think), they all buy into this intangible notion that it somehow galvanises their players into giving more effort.

Simultaneously, some of our big names didn't perform yesterday, and immediately prior to the substitutions, it almost appeared as though we'd thrown in the towel. The tension was unbearable, and given our appalling record at Anfield, the atmosphere in the away end was suitably muted.

Is Anfield always like this?
I seriously doubt it, but I also think that too many of our songs are celebratory or based on previous players or achievements, and whilst Blue Moon might be associated with City it's more melancholic than inspirational.

Not that many rival fanbases resemble atmospheric boiling cauldrons of explosive spite and bile.

Its a fair point. Aside from Blue Moon a lot of our 'terrace' songs do require bit of knowledge & probably not that easy to pick up should you be new to it which judging by some of the comments in the away end yesterday were quite a few.

'The greatest team you'll ever see' chant to the 'Is this the Way to Amarillo' tune I always felt is a great song to get going especially in the away end as its fairly simple & gets loud everyone chanting at the same time on most of the words.

Importantly the away fans will still have access to the away coach park from L1. It definitely can be done.

Imagine having 6000 home fans in SSL3, 8000 home fans in NSL2, the singing sections on SSL1, and the away fans stuck in the corner of L1. Wow! OK, we would lose singers in ESL1, blocks 111 and 110.

I appreciate people who stand in 111, 110 and 109 won’t be happy with my idea as they would have to relocate, but they could be given the oportunity to relocate first to SSL1, SSL3, SSL2 or to the new NSL2 home end.
If the 109/111 guys want to stay close to the away fans, offer them the most suitable available seats with an incentive or first choice of seats in SS3 or NS2.

This should be taken on by City Matters & 1894 as part of the wider NS discussion.

I can't see any/many issues with this change from a segregation,security or logistics perspective and the club should use this one off opportunity to make all and any changes that will benefit the atmosphere, fans and matchday experience.

Are you there Danny ?

When the away allocation at Liverpool sells out at 25,000+ loyalty points, and the away end is full of tourists and day trippers, you know the club are complicit in it.
Possibly or it might be the City fans are selling them on for a profit. Hard to say unless you trace the ticket source. The big games are every tourists dream.

If the 109/111 guys want to stay close to the away fans, offer them the most suitable available seats with an incentive or first choice of seats in SS3 or NS2.

This should be taken on by City Matters & 1894 as part of the wider NS discussion.

I can't see any/many issues with this change from a segregation,security or logistics perspective and the club should use this one off opportunity to make all and any changes that will benefit the atmosphere, fans and matchday experience.

Are you there Danny ?

The club should at least look at it and evaluate the idea.(not because I’ve posted it) But because it would benefit the club. Some benefits. Having more seats on L2 that they could sell for higher prices, instead of £30 in the away section on SSL2. Having 1000+ extra seats on SSL3 making 6000 City fans up there. The away fans would all be on L1 meaning less stewarding than having the away fans over 3 SS levels. And the improved atmosphere inside the Etihad that would follow.

Possibly or it might be the City fans are selling them on for a profit. Hard to say unless you trace the ticket source. The big games are every tourists dream.

There will always be City fans who will sell their away tickets. But I think the vast majority who do get away tickets go. United away being a good example this season. This is definitely the case in the OSC branches. Everyone who get’s a ticket in the OSC branch I’m in goes. But more and more away tickets are some how ending up on ticket resale websites. City need to look into this, but I don’t think they will. Maybe the new Ticket Compliance Manger might do that?

The club should at least look at it and evaluate the idea.(not because I’ve posted it) But because it would benefit the club. Some benefits. Having more seats on L2 that they could sell for higher prices, instead of £30 in the away section on SSL2. Having 1000+ extra seats on SSL3 making 6000 City fans up there. The away fans would all be on L1 meaning less stewarding than having the away fans over 3 SS levels. And the improved atmosphere inside the Etihad that would follow.

It's definitely something they should look into. It increases the ability for us to enhance the atmosphere and makes things more intimidating for the away fans. Having said that, our home record is excellent and we've got an incredible record at home. The atmosphere is pretty special on big nights. Yesterday was much like when Liverpool came to town in January a few years ago and we were bang up for it. And for Arsenal in the crunch game last season. It's tough for the away fans to get much going when they're split over a few tiers.

Reactions: jrb

There will always be City fans who will sell their away tickets. But I think the vast majority who do get away tickets go. United away being a good example this season. This is definitely the case in the OSC branches. Everyone who get’s a ticket in the OSC branch I’m in goes. But more and more away tickets are some how ending up on ticket resale websites. City need to look into this, but I don’t think they will. Maybe the new Ticket Compliance Manger might do that?

Are you there Danny ?
Please can someone mention to Danny about these tourist turning up with half/half scarves ,get them fucking banned before someone gets seriously hurt.

Imagine all the away fans stuck in the ESL1 corner, with basically 2 home ends, one at the other end of the pitch, and another to the left of them, looming over them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.