Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
But Palace aren't a decent team. However we made a fair bit of noise when losing to Arsenal at home about 20 years ago.

I was there. I remember it well. Arsenal were unbelievable that day. When the team you support have lost the game by half-time the only thing left to do is to support the team the best you can and hope they don’t concede anymore goals in the second half.

Last edited:
I don’t manage to get many away tickets, mainly limited to away cup games, but have have been to Villa and Palace in the league this season, and both have been great atmospheres.

Just watched match of the day and every highlight was accompanied by a city song, which is a fair reflection of most of the game, well done blues

Well it was true for me today and last season.

Maybe my view is skewed because I don’t like them, but all I could hear was the boom, boom of their drum.

I always try and play devils advocate when it comes to our support and other clubs support.

We do have one of the best away supports in the PL. Only United and Newcastle can match our away support, and maybe Liverpool on a good away day.

I honestly believe traditional English support and Ultra support both have their pluses and minuses. To say one is better than the other is unfair and shortsighted. It depends which, if either, you prefer. I like both for different reasons. I also dislike both for different reasons.

I agree banging a drum aimlessly for 90 minutes is annoying and pointless. Banging a drum sporadically and in time with the chants can and does aid and prolong chants. What I really hate is when a Capo starts chants off and you can hear him on speakers in front of the Curva or on the stadium speakers. AC Milan do that. So do other Ultras across Europe.

I always try and play devils advocate when it comes to our support and other clubs support.

We do have one of the best away supports in the PL. Only United and Newcastle can match our away support, and maybe Liverpool on a good away day.

I honestly believe traditional English support and Ultra support both have their pluses and minuses. To say one is better than the other is unfair and shortsighted. It depends which, if either, you prefer. I like both for different reasons. I also dislike both for different reasons.

I agree banging a drum aimlessly for 90 minutes is annoying and pointless. Banging a drum sporadically and in time with the chants can and does aid and prolong chants. What I really hate is when a Capo starts chants off and you can hear him on speakers in front of the Curva or on the stadium speakers. AC Milan do that. So do other Ultras across Europe.
Fuck ultras and fuck drums. We are MCFC and we are English.

Last edited:

8-A3-F3-B89-5-BAB-4-FC3-8-ED0-745-D858-EC333.jpg

4341-F07-E-50-A9-4-A4-A-9-FAB-DA6-FB22-C8320.jpg

All of them ?
Yes if you are leaving, walking out and turning your back on our players at 0v0 vs Arsenal or walking out on our club when we need a goal versus Spurs for CL qualifucation or any other game for that matter when the points are in jeopardy you aren't delivering as a supporter. The exception being if you have an ill family member or have to work, what else could be more important?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.