Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Tourists are an integral part of the economics of the game now, especially for a big club playing against another big club. That's the way it is, and we should deal with it.
No, but what I really hope and pray for is this — the new north stand should have a clear policy of excluding any tourist wearing opposition colours. Even half-and-half. And anybody in it celebrating an opposition goal should be quietly but firmly ejected. I don't suppose it will happen but it is my heart's desire. Or they should shunt them to the north stand, and make either the south or north stands a home stand in the fullest sense of the word. Tourists can also sit here and there in the CB and East stands, obviously. But I want one stand for us, unambiguously. I'm in the south stand, but I'll move to the north if that's where that's happening.
Do you see opposition fans or even half-and-halfs on Dortmund's Südkurve on big European nights? I doubt it somehow.
The North Stand HAS to be the HOME end !!!

I don’t think anyone has a problem with a tourist who supports the club or gets behind the team. I think the issue is with literal away fans or in last nights case United and Chelsea fans who actively mock our club, when our own fans can’t get tickets.

You don’t think anyone has a problem with tourists? I think there a hundreds of examples of blues ‘having a problem with tourists’ on here.

I do agree completely agree with your second point though.

It’s what’s wrong with the world, every media outlet and every social media platform is chock full of smug people showing off how good their life is or giving out advice. The BBC has articles such as “Watch this now …” or “Why you need to do this/that”. LinkedIn is full of links to posts from millionaires like Stephen Bartlett (Dragons Den) about how your life could be better (well my LinkedIn is anyway). No dig at the guy he seems decent.

People are suffocating, it’s impossible for the young to appreciate the freedom we used to have and it’s very sad.

You know, there was a young lass with her mate two seats down from me that spent the entire time fannying around recording or doing something on their phones. The one closest must have been no more than about 20, she looked like she'd already had some work done and fuck knows how much time she'd spent on her makeup etc, she didn't seem to know a lot about football and wasn't following the game in any meaningful way. Rather than being annoyed I actually felt quite sad and a bit guilty in that what kind of world have we created for our kids that a young woman's self-worth / value is tied into having to look like some weird unreal computer generated depiction of a woman and spending time at events she seemed to have little to no interest in other than as a photo op of some description. Maybe it constituted some sort of job or maybe she was there just to try and get likes and create some sort of profile for herself but either way I'm pretty sure in a sane version of the world there'd have been other things she could have been doing with her time. We're all having the piss taken out of us by tech companies but young folk, especially girls, are having their lives manipulated appallingly by this stuff. As you say it's very sad.

This is disgusting, I couldn’t get a ticket and then you see this. How the fuck did she get a ticket.
She phoned the ticket office, waited for one hour on hold and then said - can I please have a ticket? I have 500 followers on social media - I meet the criteria! :-(

Tourists are an integral part of the economics of the game now, especially for a big club playing against another big club. That's the way it is, and we should deal with it.
No, but what I really hope and pray for is this — the new north stand should have a clear policy of excluding any tourist wearing opposition colours. Even half-and-half. And anybody in it celebrating an opposition goal should be quietly but firmly ejected. I don't suppose it will happen but it is my heart's desire. Or they should shunt them to the north stand, and make either the south or north stands a home stand in the fullest sense of the word. Tourists can also sit here and there in the CB and East stands, obviously. But I want one stand for us, unambiguously. I'm in the south stand, but I'll move to the north if that's where that's happening.
Do you see opposition fans or even half-and-halfs on Dortmund's Südkurve on big European nights? I doubt it somehow.
Totally agree mate.

Using my analogy of going to a New York Mets baseball game, part of the fun would be to wear the home shirt and get involved with the fans and learn some of their chants etc. I wouldn't dream of going half way round the world, paying massively over the odds for a ticket to a game and then going out of my way to piss everyone around me off.

Doesn't compute at all.

Any tourist from anywhere in the world who sits near me at City, wears a City shirt, asks even really obvious questions about the game or the club etc and is respectful and wants to get involved is absolutely fine by me and I'd gladly take them under my wing for the day.

It's the pricks who have no respect who I can't stand.

You don’t think anyone has a problem with tourists? I think there a hundreds of examples of blues ‘having a problem with tourists’ on here.

I do agree completely agree with your second point though.
I didn’t say ‘I don’t think anyone has a problem with tourists’ I said I don’t think anyone has a problem with a tourist who is a genuine city fan. That’s me generalising and obviously there probably are city fans who don’t like it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.