Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I find that chant (even if ironic) really bad..... we used to get slapped about a lot 80's and 90's by the best teams then and i didn't hear that sort of stuff sung anywhere. Modern phenomenon and it's ermmmm ''Fucking shit''
Mate, they were singing "You're the shit of Manchester" at every derby for decades amongst many many others.

They deserve it back, on the highest stage. And walking up the Wembley steps on live TV definitely qualified last year.

Wow. I hope one day we will welcome our keepers like that. If they lacked confidence, or were nervous or whatever, they will feel like they can move mountains with a welcome like that. Of course, I understand this is a massive game for them, but it's something to aspire to. Incredible support.

Mate, they were singing "You're the shit of Manchester" at every derby for decades amongst many many others.

They deserve it back, on the highest stage. And walking up the Wembley steps on live TV definitely qualified last year.
as a blue i always feel that stuff will come back to haunt us..call it Karma or whatever - i never feel we come out well after that...especially on the pitch where it matters. If i heard that as an oppo player I'd be fired up - does it help our team? Probably not. That's why yooonited fans are a bunch of divs..those jibes helped make our club strive to be better - I just think why bother giving them a leg up! best just ignore them or treat them as an average

Wow. I hope one day we will welcome our keepers like that. If they lacked confidence, or were nervous or whatever, they will feel like they can move mountains with a welcome like that. Of course, I understand this is a massive game for them, but it's something to aspire to. Incredible support.

I think the whole Dortmund thing is pretty unique - born out of ownership model of course. The players sitting on the grass in sort of homage to their fans post game - all of that - we do get our lot clapping our away fans. Home matches 80% of our fans have fked off 5 - 10 mins before the end so we can't have any of that stuff. just very different now - where does everyone need to get to so urgently between 5.00 - 5.30 the car parks and trams are rammed from 5 mins b4 before the end so there's no real time saving. Happens everywhere of course - despite meeja focus solely on us - but it would be great if we bucked this shit trend - City may win 4 in a row yet we don't even clap them off the pitch!!

as a blue i always feel that stuff will come back to haunt us..call it Karma or whatever - i never feel we come out well after that...especially on the pitch where it matters. If i heard that as an oppo player I'd be fired up - does it help our team? Probably not. That's why yooonited fans are a bunch of divs..those jibes helped make our club strive to be better - I just think why bother giving them a leg up! best just ignore them or treat them as an average

I think the whole Dortmund thing is pretty unique - born out of ownership model of course. The players sitting on the grass in sort of homage to their fans post game - all of that - we do get our lot clapping our away fans. Home matches 80% of our fans have fked off 5 - 10 mins before the end so we can't have any of that stuff. just very different now - where does everyone need to get to so urgently between 5.00 - 5.30 the car parks and trams are rammed from 5 mins b4 before the end so there's no real time saving. Happens everywhere of course - despite meeja focus solely on us - but it would be great if we bucked this shit trend - City may win 4 in a row yet we don't even clap them off the pitch!!
No doubt that the Dortmund fans are impressive in terms of atmosphere, the Yellow Wall, etc, but I also think their fans are a bit too far up their own arses because there are loads of other German club fans who can rival them but they don't get anywhere near as much recognition as they're not deemed to be as "fashionable" as Dortmund fans. I've seen City play at Dortmund, Schalke (twice), Bayern (twice), Hamburg, Leipzig, and Monchengladbach and I maintain that the Gladbach fans created a better atmosphere than the Dortmund fans, in terms of both noise and not needing half as much choreography to get the stadium going. Hamburg were decent too, and so were Schalke on my second visit.

No doubt that the Dortmund fans are impressive in terms of atmosphere, the Yellow Wall, etc, but I also think their fans are a bit too far up their own arses because there are loads of other German club fans who can rival them but they don't get anywhere near as much recognition as they're not deemed to be as "fashionable" as Dortmund fans. I've seen City play at Dortmund, Schalke (twice), Bayern (twice), Hamburg, Leipzig, and Monchengladbach and I maintain that the Gladbach fans created a better atmosphere than the Dortmund fans, in terms of both noise and not needing half as much choreography to get the stadium going. Hamburg were decent too, and so were Schalke on my second visit.

Dynamo Dresden and Hansa Rostock have some of the best fans/ultras in Germany , both in lower leagues .

He was referring to the FA Cup Final against United though and surely we're allowed to sing it against those cunts. After all, they sang enough put-down ditties against us when we were shit and they weren't.
When we were shit and they weren't we sang far worse things about them than they sang about us. I feel embarrassed looking back to the Munich songs, songs about the morals or lack thereof of Beckhams wife, John O'Sheas sexuality, every kind of abuse of Ryan Giggs ,accusing Cantona of being a tranny and Rooney of being a fat granny shagger. They were subject to at least the same level of abuse off Leeds and Liverpool and to a lesser extent Chelsea and West Ham. Their pathetic nursery rhymes are just water off a ducks back to us.

That is the problem, all fans expecting to have the same extreme political views and football is just an excuse to do it.

Never been a fan of chanting, when we are on form in the Etihad there is nothing better. Over political fans are like drones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.