Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I'll admit, whenever I watch us in Europe and see the way European team send their team off, I do get a little embarrassed. Embarrassed by what the players think that is, couldn't care less about the twitter gimps.
The big difference is that European clubs’ atmospheres are generally choreographed.

You ask our players what they think of our atmospheres when games really matter. Bayern, Madrid, Arsenal etc last season.

The Etihad is a bear pit when it comes alive. That Isn’t manufactured. It’s raw emotion and noise.

Well considering we’re the reigning European Champions, we’ve won 5 out of the last 6 league titles and we’re on one of the best consecutive winning streaks at home ever seen in this country I’d say it’s not affecting them at all.

I think it’s really odd that in the afterglow of a thumping win that sends us back to the top of the table the first reaction of a handful of needy attention seeking “fans” is to criticise match going blues.

It’s fucking bizarre and to repeat myself it never ever happens at the match
I’ve never understood early leaver s even when we were bad but it doesn’t seem to have affected many world class players who have devoted their best years to god’s own. Maybe it’s little more than a fan v fan issue?

Dont get the reasonng for leaving early , so you miss traffic , catch the first bus or tram , what does it f*cking matter , you wait all week to support your team and you f*ck off ten minutes early to be home or in the boozer ten minutes earlier , after waiting ALL week for the match.
Its non-sensical , for eighty minutes our support is as good as any in the country and then 50% of our crowd piss off into the night , i would love to listen to a debate on why those ten vital minutes are so essential to your life.
Our players and manager who happen to be the "best in the world" and give 100% for 90 plus miinutes its a real shame some of our support doesnt do the same.
It’s weird. Someone suggested we have a debate on why they leave early. I’m dumbfounded. We watch amazing football from a world class team. What’s not to love here.

Reactions: PPT
Well considering we’re the reigning European Champions, we’ve won 5 out of the last 6 league titles and we’re on one of the best consecutive winning streaks at home ever seen in this country I’d say it’s not affecting them at all.

I think it’s really odd that in the afterglow of a thumping win that sends us back to the top of the table the first reaction of a handful of needy attention seeking “fans” is to criticise match going blues.

It’s fucking bizarre and to repeat myself it never ever happens at the match
Bang on.

It was a bit quiet today but I was not expecting fireworks for a game against Bournemouth, this not arrogance but nearly everyone thought we would win, so the atmosphere becomes a bit carnival, to put simply there was no jeopardy in the game, it will on fire against Liverpool now there’s a game with plenty of jeopardy
Anyone who expected an "atmosphere" today was over expecting.

Just getting a view on the fucking pathetic iphone lights? What the fuck is that about?? Am I too grumpy and old?? As for early leavers, I dont get it (although I do get the total absence of infrastructure around the ground) - but each to thier own I suppose. I travel to every game from London for the past 38 years, and leave to walk back to Piccadilly after the last player is in - but then I dont have to contend with the Metro or car parks. So we agree, we all have a different view on early leavers - but can we please agree that if someone over the age of 16 is rotating thier iphone with the light on for more than 10 seconds in front of you, you can whack it our of their hand?

Just getting a view on the fucking pathetic iphone lights? What the fuck is that about?? Am I too grumpy and old?? As for early leavers, I dont get it (although I do get the total absence of infrastructure around the ground) - but each to thier own I suppose. I travel to every game from London for the past 38 years, and leave to walk back to Piccadilly after the last player is in - but then I dont have to contend with the Metro or car parks. So we agree, we all have a different view on early leavers - but can we please agree that if someone over the age of 16 is rotating thier iphone with the light on for more than 10 seconds in front of you, you can whack it our of their hand?
21st Century Mexican Wave.

Felt dead sorry for a group of around 20/30 kids sat towards front of North stand. Their group leaders marched them out of the stadium and they missed 14 minutes of play. You could see lots of them looking back towards the pitch as they were walking up the steps as they obviously didn’t want to go home at that point.

The big difference is that European clubs’ atmospheres are generally choreographed.

You ask our players what they think of our atmospheres when games really matter. Bayern, Madrid, Arsenal etc last season.

The Etihad is a bear pit when it comes alive. That Isn’t manufactured. It’s raw emotion and noise.

A million times this.

Madrid media (and recently Valverde) said the atmosphere at our place last season was something else. Made it a nightmare for them to play in.

Give me reactionary atmosphere over the droning banging of drums any day.

I’ve never understood early leaver s even when we were bad but it doesn’t seem to have affected many world class players who have devoted their best years to god’s own. Maybe it’s little more than a fan v fan issue?
It’s not even a fan v fan issue.

Countless times I’ve left early in various parts of the ground and the whole row have had to stand up to let me out and I’ve never had so much as a funny look from anyone and nor have I ever shown even the slightest hint of disapproval to those leaving earlier than me who I have had to stand up for.

All it is mate, plain and simple, is a Bluemoon wannabe superfan grand standers versus normal, mind their own business, live and let live fans issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.