Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Dont get the reasonng for leaving early , so you miss traffic , catch the first bus or tram , what does it f*cking matter , you wait all week to support your team and you f*ck off ten minutes early to be home or in the boozer ten minutes earlier , after waiting ALL week for the match.
Its non-sensical , for eighty minutes our support is as good as any in the country and then 50% of our crowd piss off into the night , i would love to listen to a debate on why those ten vital minutes are so essential to your life.
Our players and manager who happen to be the "best in the world" and give 100% for 90 plus miinutes its a real shame some of our support doesnt do the same.
I've never really understood this. I completely get its easier to get home if you leave early but if that's your concern, just stay home and don't go and be home for KO?

My old man sits in another stand now after nearly 30 years sat together and if I'm going back with him, he still leaves before FT and then waits for me. Can't understand it.

Dont get the reasonng for leaving early , so you miss traffic , catch the first bus or tram , what does it f*cking matter , you wait all week to support your team and you f*ck off ten minutes early to be home or in the boozer ten minutes earlier , after waiting ALL week for the match.
Its non-sensical , for eighty minutes our support is as good as any in the country and then 50% of our crowd piss off into the night , i would love to listen to a debate on why those ten vital minutes are so essential to your life.
Our players and manager who happen to be the "best in the world" and give 100% for 90 plus miinutes its a real shame some of our support doesnt do the same.

It's been explained many times here that the difference in leaving early for many isn't gaining ten minutes, but getting home a good sixty to ninety minutes earlier due to ongoing transport issues. The alternative is often hanging around cold bus/tram/train stops and stations for ages and putting up with the cretins that tend to frequent these places. We also have quite an ageing fan base who just don't want to put up with all that at their ages. Mind you I've seen a fair few young fans getting on their toes early as well.

Also football isn't the main interest for many like it used to be years ago. It's just another pastetime, albeit with more emotion attached. The Saturday night 5:30 games have an impact too, if it's a big game people want to watch. If our game is done and dusted like today, a lot will want to get home or in a pub to watch the 5:30 game.

The early leaving debate will never cease, not will people leaving early. It's pointless stressing about it as it will.never change, ever.

I've never really understood this. I completely get its easier to get home if you leave early but if that's your concern, just stay home and don't go and be home for KO?

My old man sits in another stand now after nearly 30 years sat together and if I'm going back with him, he still leaves before FT and then waits for me. Can't understand it.
9-1 up against Huddersfield and my old man starts walking down the Kippax steps towards the tunnel, “dad where are you going” ….. “back to the car I’ll see you there”

He missed the tenth goal sat in the car on Santiago St waiting for me.

Now I’m a staunch advocate of each to his own and I’ll argue the rationale behind leaving early til I’m blue in the face but I couldn’t even begin to explain that one, to this day it puzzles me !

We have the beast early leavers in the prem, you certainly wouldn’t see that at anfield or the swamp after a 6-1 win.

It can't help with atmosphere when two rows of twenty people come in at 3.28pm start to watch through their phones. Then didn't return till 15 mins late after halftime. Left the stadium at 90mins.
BLOCK 210 Level 2 posh seats south stand. CTID

It's been explained many times here that the difference in leaving early for many isn't gaining ten minutes, but getting home a good sixty to ninety minutes earlier due to ongoing transport issues. The alternative is often hanging around cold bus/tram/train stops and stations for ages and putting up with the cretins that tend to frequent these places. We also have quite an ageing fan base who just don't want to put up with all that at their ages. Mind you I've seen a fair few young fans getting on their toes early as well.

Also football isn't the main interest for many like it used to be years ago. It's just another pastetime, albeit with more emotion attached. The Saturday night 5:30 games have an impact too, if it's a big game people want to watch. If our game is done and dusted like today, a lot will want to get home or in a pub to watch the 5:30 game.

The early leaving debate will never cease, not will people leaving early. It's pointless stressing about it as it will.never change, ever.

I walked into town and was on a boozer within 25 mins. Fans that drive must surely expect 40k leaving will lead to traffic.

Each to their own and all but if I’m going to the football and I’m driving I expect traffic on the way home so I tell the missus it’s going to take longer?! I don’t get leaving early for any kickoff let alone a 3pm kickoff.

Not directed at you blue, your reply was just the one I chose to reply to!
I left on 90 mins I live 1 hour 15 mins away on a normal day , I arrived home at 7.45pm last night.

9-1 up against Huddersfield and my old man starts walking down the Kippax steps towards the tunnel, “dad where are you going” ….. “back to the car I’ll see you there”

He missed the tenth goal sat in the car on Santiago St waiting for me.

Now I’m a staunch advocate of each to his own and I’ll argue the rationale behind leaving early til I’m blue in the face but I couldn’t even begin to explain that one, to this day it puzzles me !
If he'd still have been alive for the 10-1, my dad would also have left early to get back to his car, which would also have been parked on Santiago Street, but it would have been the 157 bus home from the curry mile for me, as he would have considered it crazy to have put in all those hard yards, then ruined his early dart by waiting for me

Thought the majority stayed well inside the last 10 minutes, but as it got closer to full-time the mass exodus started.

Watched Newcastle v Arsenal last night. The ground was 90% full at full-time with the Newcastle fans staying to applaud the team as they did their usual lap of honour after winning a home game.

Each to their own and all but as someone who is in SS3, if you wait til the very end you are stuck in a jam to get out of the row, aisle, block and then the Blue Car Park is an absolute disaster.

Someone said it, these days football isn’t the be all and end all for many people. Likewise, for many people it is. No issue with either approach.

What I will say is that for me personally, and others I suspect, I don’t ’wait ALL week for the game’ and it isn’t the highlight of my week.
And I’ve been a season ticket holder since 96/97 so lack of investment isn’t the reason.

Reactions: PPT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.