Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Walked into to town after the match.

Town was absolutely rammed with people and traffic.

I think most of us forget how much busier Manchester (city centre) is now. And how much Manchester’s population has grown/exploded over the last decade. The amount of people visiting Manchester for sporting events, concerts, theatre, weekend stays, nights out, events like the Manchester Christmas Markets, etc. You only have to look at all the new residential towers and apartment blocks in the city centre that are full of people living in the city centre. Manchester has become a mini London. We’ve just got to accept Manchester’s infrastructure and it’s public transport can’t cope with the increasing amount of people living in and coming into Manchester.(city centre)

I think most of us forget how much busier Manchester (city centre) is now. And how much Manchester’s population has grown/exploded over the last decade. The amount of people visiting Manchester for sporting events, concerts, theatre, weekend stays, nights out, events like the Manchester Christmas Markets, etc. You only have to look at all the new residential towers and apartment blocks in the city centre that are full of people living in the city centre. Manchester has become a mini London. We’ve just got to accept Manchester’s infrastructure and it’s public transport can’t cope with the increasing amount of people living in and coming into Manchester.(city centre)
The price of the hotels too mate... Ouch!

Thought the majority stayed well inside the last 10 minutes, but as it got closer to full-time the mass exodus started.

Watched Newcastle v Arsenal last night. The ground was 90% full at full-time with the Newcastle fans staying to applaud the team as they did their usual lap of honour after winning a home game.
Geordies are right in town.
That said I never leave early, this seasons side is the best I have ever seen in my long years following City and it wont last forever.

Watched Newcastle v Arsenal last night. The ground was 90% full at full-time with the Newcastle fans staying to applaud the team as they did their usual lap of honour after winning a home game.
Hardly a great surprise, they rarely beat arsenal, and it was close, in what even we would call a "big" game, if we'd have been 1-0 up against arsenal in the 90th minute ours would have been exactly the same.

In comparison yesterday, ours was effectively over after 37 minutes, having not really started till the 30th minute, (though we did encourage them early in the second half), and we pretty much always beat Bournemouth.

It was rammed yesterday. Add onto that there were up to an estimated ten thousand protesters against the ongoing situation in Gaza which added to the pressure.

Reactions: jrb
Hardly a great surprise, they rarely beat arsenal, and it was close, in what even we would call a "big" game, if we'd have been 1-0 up against arsenal in the 90th minute ours would have been exactly the same.

In comparison yesterday, ours was effectively over after 37 minutes, having not really started till the 30th minute, (though we did encourage them early in the second half), and we pretty much always beat Bournemouth.

Spot on. The Geordies being good again after donkeys years of mediocrity is still a novelty for them too.

Our game in the second half was a bit of a borefest. Now I know that sounds ridiculous after another three goals and a 6-1 result but it was, it's difficult to explain. We came out and for whatever reason stopped playing. Whether it was complacency or not I've no idea but we just went through the motions and with a bit more luck on Bournemouth's part it could have been 3-2 in next to no time. Luckily an offside and the bar saved us.

Yesterday also turned increasingly cold very quickly. As we seemed content to sit back and conserve energy I couldn't blame some fans for thinking fuck this I'm off home and going to catch the Newcastle v Arsenal game in the warmth. On paper it looked an attractive fixture although it turned out anything but. I stayed until the end and enjoyed our other goals but I was tempted to do one I will admit.

The big difference is that European clubs’ atmospheres are generally choreographed.

You ask our players what they think of our atmospheres when games really matter. Bayern, Madrid, Arsenal etc last season.

The Etihad is a bear pit when it comes alive. That Isn’t manufactured. It’s raw emotion and noise.
I agree with you, and on the whole I find choreographed European atmospheres to be dull. I'm not suggesting we need that.

My point is that at the end of the game their players have a full stadium clapping them off the pitch. Obviously there's a few empty seats for people with Kids, or elderly people or disabled people, but it's still 90% full.

Ours is closer to 30% full at this point. Not having a bash at anyone, it's just an observation

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.