Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Not exactly vocal is an understatement. I’m coming up to a 1,000 games watching City and that’s the first time away fans haven’t sang in the first half. Their support was an outright embarrassment.
Fair play to the ones who’ve travelled all the way from Bournemouth for an expected battering.

They were quiet though.

Every single team has this same thread
Good days and bad days everywhere
Four Indian guys appeared in the row in front today, spent the entire game taking selfies and pics of each other
Apart from ht when they appeared to have bought every single item on the menu
Turned out they were youtubers doing a review of ‘English football experience’
City actually encourage these divs nowadays

I think most people who are more worried about how it affects the team rather than what rival fans say.
Well considering we’re the reigning European Champions, we’ve won 5 out of the last 6 league titles and we’re on one of the best consecutive winning streaks at home ever seen in this country I’d say it’s not affecting them at all.

I think it’s really odd that in the afterglow of a thumping win that sends us back to the top of the table the first reaction of a handful of needy attention seeking “fans” is to criticise match going blues.

It’s fucking bizarre and to repeat myself it never ever happens at the match

I thought this was one of the games where we self-sabotaged our own atmosphere. It wasn’t bad in the first half but the second half went flat because there was just a mainly just a drone of clapping coming from the bottom of the south stand at the times when songs would have spread around. The upper tier had a few goes but were fighting against this most of the time.

No big deal. It was never a game to get the place rocking. There are some much bigger games to come which will deliver. I didn’t like the phone lights coming on the second half either.

Watched the last few games in the South Stand 115/116, the atmosphere is superb , today the Champions Ole Ole song went well after the final whistle , a lot of early leavers as always but plenty stayed to sing after the final whistle , just whetting our appetites for the Dippers arrival in a couple of weeks , will be wearing a magnetised crash helmet to attract all the coins the feral tw*ts will be throwing for ninety minutes

It was a bit quiet today but I was not expecting fireworks for a game against Bournemouth, this not arrogance but nearly everyone thought we would win, so the atmosphere becomes a bit carnival, to put simply there was no jeopardy in the game, it will on fire against Liverpool now there’s a game with plenty of jeopardy

Well considering we’re the reigning European Champions, we’ve won 5 out of the last 6 league titles and we’re on one of the best consecutive winning streaks at home ever seen in this country I’d say it’s not affecting them at all.

I think it’s really odd that in the afterglow of a thumping win that sends us back to the top of the table the first reaction of a handful of needy attention seeking “fans” is to criticise match going blues.

It’s fucking bizarre and to repeat myself it never ever happens at the match
If you read my post back you'll see that I explicitly say that I'm not blaming individuals, I'm blaming the lack of infrastructure around the ground and lack of incentive from the club to make people want to stick around.

I also think the atmosphere was great today, which I did say but you chose to ignore.

Yes you're always going to have people leaving earlier, because of kids or elderly or whatever reason, It happens at every club.

It's up to our club though, to try and get as many as possible to stick around as possible, and I don't currently think they're doing everything they can to help.

This word “embarrassing” keeps popping up. People need to get a grip.

How can a grown man be embarrassed by what losers living in their parents’ basement in Cornwall write on Twitter about our fans.

Presumably you were also “embarrassed” when, during a brief lull in the south stand’s excellent non stop 2nd half singalong, the away fans started singing “football in a library”
I'll admit, whenever I watch us in Europe and see the way European team send their team off, I do get a little embarrassed. Embarrassed by what the players think that is, couldn't care less about the twitter gimps.

Dont get the reasonng for leaving early , so you miss traffic , catch the first bus or tram , what does it f*cking matter , you wait all week to support your team and you f*ck off ten minutes early to be home or in the boozer ten minutes earlier , after waiting ALL week for the match.
Its non-sensical , for eighty minutes our support is as good as any in the country and then 50% of our crowd piss off into the night , i would love to listen to a debate on why those ten vital minutes are so essential to your life.
Our players and manager who happen to be the "best in the world" and give 100% for 90 plus miinutes its a real shame some of our support doesnt do the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.