Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Was up in SSL3 and had to pop to the toilet around 55 minutes and there was a group of 20/25 people stood on the concourse drinking and chanting City songs.

Not sure if this happens every game but I could not get my head round it.

Was up in SSL3 and had to pop to the toilet around 55 minutes and there was a group of 20/25 people stood on the concourse drinking and chanting City songs.

Not sure if this happens every game but I could not get my head round it.
Presuming they’d still been there after the second half kicked off.

If most Blues want a drink then that’s going to be one long queue.

If you remember back to when Sheikh Mansour first bought City that was one of the opening gambits from Khalddon speaking on behalf of Sheikh Mansour. They both promised to put City’s loyal fan base first and foremost, point out our loyal support for the club, and how important we are to the club. Obviously over time priorities change and that has fallen by the wayside somewhat.(being kind) But as I keep on saying, Sheikh Mansour, Khalddon and Soriano can and will rightly say they have delivered on and off the pitch. Trophies, huge investment in managers, players, the stadium, the CFA, in the local area, investing £100’s of millions, creating 1000’s of new jobs, etc.
I don't disagree with a single word of your post. I really don't.
But come out with bullshit like 'wants the club to play on its ties to the city’s culture and heritage'?
then do the exact opposite is disingenuous at best. They have shit on life-long blues, with the ever-increasing corporate areas, year-on-year ticket price increases, tourists regularly getting tickets
for away games and other big games in front of hardcore fans and intentionally creating a
match-day 'experience' which is now like attending a school sports day. All of which has very effectively
killed the atmosphere to what it is now. The club is well run, that is undeniable. But it is not anywhere
near run with the best interest of local match-going fans. Don't worry, I get it. If we want to watch
Haaland play every week etc, and all of that... But just for once, I wish they would think about and consider
the supporters when they make decisions. We all know they won't, they never have done, and I honestly can't see them starting anytime soon. As I said in one of my previous posts, that's how it is now at all top clubs and not just City.

I attended yesterday’s game and left feeling deflated, not only with the result but the apathy and lack of support some fans offered. I have been going to matches since ‘84 and over the last 10 years taking my sons.

I have found it harder and harder to get tickets over the last 5 years and over the same period experiencing more and more tourists. I was sat in block 324 yesterday and me and my son were the only ones trying to sing and get behind the team. Many were just sat in silence or looking at their phones. I had two empty seats next to me and in the 22nd minute two non English speaking women came, sat down and proceeded to take selfies. They left on 40 minutes and never returned. What an absolute waste of tickets.

I am fuming with the club that longstanding fans are being pushed away from the game and replaced by plastics who don’t involve themselves in supporting the team. I was once a ball boy at City and love the club.

So how does that equate to 'The former Barcelona supremo wants the club to play on its ties to the city’s culture and heritage'? It's just more corporate bullshit. They don't give a flying fuck about the fans. It's all about the money as you have articulated above,

The average football tourist won't baulk at paying top prices for tickets and food etc (the experience) and is likely to spend a sizeable amount in the City store... possibly spending as much, or more, in one game than many 'legacy' fans spend in a whole season.

Corporates leaving huge gaps around the stadium in the second half of every game...

It's those customers that Barcelona have relied on for years, and that's exactly what Soriano & Co were brought to City to attract.

Tourists used to be dotted around the ground, now they're all over the place in ever increasing numbers. One day watching City, next day watching Arsenal or the rags, complete with half and half scarves.

Football without local passion. Atmosphere at elite level of the game is dead.

The average football tourist won't baulk at paying top prices for tickets and food etc (the experience) and is likely to spend a sizeable amount in the City store... possibly spending as much, or more, in one game than many 'legacy' fans spend in a whole season.

Corporates leaving huge gaps around the stadium in the second half of every game...

It's those customers that Barcelona have relied on for years, and that's exactly what Soriano & Co were brought to City to attract.

Tourists used to be dotted around the ground, now they're all over the place in ever increasing numbers. One day watching City, next day watching Arsenal or the rags, complete with half and half scarves.

Football without local passion. Atmosphere at elite level of the game is dead.
‘Tourists used to be dotted around the ground, now they're all over the place in ever increasing numbers. One day watching City, next day watching Arsenal or the rags, complete with half and half scarves’

This hits the nail right on the head!

I’ve no idea of the figures involved but your average match going fan for decades doesn’t bring in huge amounts of income the club needs in order to compete and comply. If they want to increase revenue from all sources then packages will be the way forwards.

It’s not yet been confirmed but I understand no Seasoncards went on general sale for this season. I was interesting in getting one so I kept an eye on it all. Saw nothing.

There is a simple solution to all the problems regarding the atmosphere in the ground, a majority of clubs in the world have home ends we don't this is the club's fault, we have Kippax Corner and the South Stand we need one stand that is only home fans only and built to be city's answer to The Kop, Yellow Wall etc but we not going to get this if the club decide to shove a corporate area in the new North Stand. The club is it's own worst empty we have the manager coming out asking for a better atmosphere but have Danny Wilson and his department going the opposite way.

The club need to make the whole new North Stand safe-standing except for the Sky Bar, so copying the Yellow Wall in Dortmund, we need to copy what LAFC has done and set up one group that brings all supporters groups together under one organisation then put them all in the new North Stand, LAFC have done this under 3252

1894 does an amazing job, but it's set up like a closed book, just watch Big Steve rant about the Liverpool game about this.

We all have to introduce the supporters' section with drums and capo stands, this helps get the crowd going, look at what people are saying above about being a boring game yesterday.

If saw yesterday online Ipswich have ultra fans, Arsenal have ultra fans all the teams in the SPL have ultra fans, and all the MLS teams have ultra fans

But for whatever reason, there seems to be a NO we can't have someone banging a drum or using a megaphone to get the crowd going as that is NO NO in the EPL, but we had our manager come out on multiple occasions asking for this

Here is a documentary about their fans and also a documentary about a West Ham fan who has given on EPL because of the lack of atmosphere

-Crystal Palace

-West Ham fan gives up on the EPL

We all need to sort out the pricing as well

Agree it doesn't matter were you are in the ground we have tourist, young families etc. City have a family stand why arent the families in there ? I sure when I first started taking my kids we could only book the family stand.

Why cant we have an FOC section lol
I attended yesterday’s game and left feeling deflated, not only with the result but the apathy and lack of support some fans offered. I have been going to matches since ‘84 and over the last 10 years taking my sons.

I have found it harder and harder to get tickets over the last 5 years and over the same period experiencing more and more tourists. I was sat in block 324 yesterday and me and my son were the only ones trying to sing and get behind the team. Many were just sat in silence or looking at their phones. I had two empty seats next to me and in the 22nd minute two non English speaking women came, sat down and proceeded to take selfies. They left on 40 minutes and never returned. What an absolute waste of tickets.

I am fuming with the club that longstanding fans are being pushed away from the game and replaced by plastics who don’t involve themselves in supporting the team. I was once a ball boy at City and love the club.

Same my Lad and me have been matchday card holders or what they are call for decades.
This season has been the toughest for getting tickets. We normally do 10 home matches plus per season. Only got 4 this season so far. Its almost getting to the stage of giving up, we havent had a sniff of any away tickets this season.

And the tickets we have got havent been the ones we booked and we were moved away from the South Stand.

When the season is 5 months in and there has not been one remotely acceptable atmosphere all season you know it’s fucked. It’s like a morgue every single week now.

Honestly breaks my spirit thinking that our club where the fans used to be the only good thing about it for years has now been reduced to a joke on match day.

Things seemed to get back on track last season but every game this season has been an embarrassment.

Totally bizarre that 95% of the stadium don’t make a sound. I can almost understand not joining in songs - but not making any noise whatsoever is weird.

When we score against teams like Palace its gentle applause.

At the final whistle half the stadium has fucked off 10 mins earlier and a good number of those stayed yesterday chose to boo.

Wtf has happened to us ?

Nobody in senior positions at the club gives a fuck.

Empty seats every game yet those without season cards can’t get a ridiculously priced ticket cause it’s sold out on the planner - but the international agencies return their unsold £300 tickets.

will never understand how during the greatest ever period in the clubs history those running the club have managed to royally fuck it up in the stands to where we are now !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.