Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Fair play to anyone who tried to create an atmosphere yesterday, whether it's their first game, they stumbled over the words or not - at least they had a go! It was crap yesterday but it was a strange game. Pretty much over in ten minutes and then we went into training session mode. Erling looked a bit deflated. Think we'd have livened up if one of the kids had scored but it wasn't to be. By the time Copenhagen warmed up it was time to go home, in fact I think half the crowd had already left by then. But that's not the point. We did what we had to do and they can't all be thrillers. We're blessed that a shit night for us is a 3-1 win and a place in the Champ's quarter-final. I wasn't sat in the SS but could hear them trying throughout, so credit to them, hope to be joining them next season as even on a 'bad' night the SS gives it more than anywhere else.

Fair play to anyone who tried to create an atmosphere yesterday, whether it's their first game, they stumbled over the words or not - at least they had a go! It was crap yesterday but it was a strange game. Pretty much over in ten minutes and then we went into training session mode. Erling looked a bit deflated. Think we'd have livened up if one of the kids had scored but it wasn't to be. By the time Copenhagen warmed up it was time to go home, in fact I think half the crowd had already left by then. But that's not the point. We did what we had to do and they can't all be thrillers. We're blessed that a shit night for us is a 3-1 win and a place in the Champ's quarter-final. I wasn't sat in the SS but could hear them trying throughout, so credit to them, hope to be joining them next season as even on a 'bad' night the SS gives it more than anywhere else.
The kind of game the second half delivered won't induce a good atmosphere. At one point I said that the ball has travelled fifty yards in those three passes and has gone forwards about five! The game was won and if we didn't do any Rashford thin air gymnastics we would progress, but there was, apart from hitting the bar late on, little in the way of spectacle or entertainment.

We were sat in North stand block 137. There were an absolute shedload of Scottish kids sat in the rows in front of us. Think someone mentioned on here the club sometimes give tickets to kids from disadvantaged areas or something like that. There was also a couple with a kid of about 8 who arrived after 10 minutes so missed the first 2 goals, disappeared at half time and didn’t come back until the 75th minute. The kid spent the entire time playing roblox on his phone which my 10 year old was very puzzled by. They literally watched about 40 minutes of the match. I sometimes wonder why people come to games.

I would like to apologise for Sunday. I thought the atmosphere was strange and quite and said so.
I am just watch the match again on City+1
The atmosphere is great nothing wrong with it.

So Sky can fuck off they clearly turned the sound down....wankers.
It was rocking all game. Proper loud second half.

We were sat in North stand block 137. There were an absolute shedload of Scottish kids sat in the rows in front of us. Think someone mentioned on here the club sometimes give tickets to kids from disadvantaged areas or something like that. There was also a couple with a kid of about 8 who arrived after 10 minutes so missed the first 2 goals, disappeared at half time and didn’t come back until the 75th minute. The kid spent the entire time playing roblox on his phone which my 10 year old was very puzzled by. They literally watched about 40 minutes of the match. I sometimes wonder why people come to games.
It’s funny that. There’s load of kids in Manchester that live in disadvantaged areas that don’t get any tickets and there city fans as well.

I don’t understand the distribution of tickets at times.

Don't have an issue with tourists for a game like this, because as you mentioned, a few years ago we would've had the entirety of CB3 closed off for a game like this due to only selling 35k seats.

People have an issue when it's games like Sunday, where many loyal blues miss out and are replaced by vloggers, day trippers, away fans, etc.
Sorry yes i was talking about last night

Not many regulars attended where I sit either, it's generally like that for champs league games. A few don't attend for money reasons and there are always other things that pop up but as a general rule it is a very small number on the cup schemes.
As for the the light show two small boys on the row in front were dancing throughout, they absolutely loved it too. The game is for everyone.
I think there is a hangover with a lot of blues not attending due to a dislike of uefa. I get that. But its time to move on now. We well n truly won that war

I followed 3 coaches from Scotland heading towards the ground.

Last year against Real in the Semi Final, kids from schools in the Welshpool area were given tickets.

We’ve discussed the Scottish kids previously. I still don’t understand why those tickets aren’t distributed to schools across Gtr Manchester so Kids who are City fans get those tickets, even if a few United kids end up getting the tickets as well. I’m sure most of those Scottish kids aren’t City fans. The vast majority will be Celtic or Rangers fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.