Atmosphere 2024/25

I have a new problem with the atmosphere. 5 of us up from Kent in 318 but we couldn't get tickets together even after being online for hours on release date.
So we were scattered around 318 is five like a song. Fans around me weren't singing and my mates said the same.
4 of us are foc been going for decades. Whilst I enjoyed the game I missed being with my mates.
We have another 3 games booked so far but again we aren't next together. If this is the same next season I'll knock it on the head and call it aday after 40yrs of match going. Seven and a half hrs drive to get to the Etihad than not sitting with your mates to enjoy the game. What's the point ?.
This is the first time we haven't even been able to get seats as a pair or more. I didn't enjoy not being with my mates, I missed the banter, the joy of scoring, the singing etc. If am honest I'm not really looking forward the next next 3 games we have.
Going to the game is about having a crack with your mates, I missed that but most of all I missed being sat with my lad.
I'm not saying us 5 made any difference to the atmosphere but us 5 didn't really sing because no one around us was really singing.

PS I don't think having the legend lounge in the middle of the SS works
Trust me,it was shite in 318 yesterday,its not normaly that subdued.
And i have no idea why it was like that,I started my day at 5.10 am and worked 7 hours and rushed out at 1pm to meet my lad and get down in time,throwing beer down my neck .
still enjoyed it immensely.

I thought it was good for the first 25 mins and then that was it, shite after.
Not the usual mad rush of early leavers on 80mins was a positive

Can’t be arsed making its own thread, but they really need to sort the queues out otherwise we’ll have people leaving earlier and earlier before half time. Worst they’ve been, and looks like it stems from having to scan your season ticket for the poxy discount.
Why do they have to close the bars and kiosks during the match? That would instantly relieve some of the issues.

I appreciate that I am settled and folk around me know me and accept me but I don’t give a hoot or a fig if people don’t shout or sing or celebrate. I do and if I do it alone so be it. I find that more people are joining in now and maybe that’s what folk need to do? Overcome your reserve and go for it. It releases inhibitions. So you make a fool of yourself now and again, people forget (& forgive if necessary) plus you make new friends.

JMHO

Why do they have to close the bars and kiosks during the match? That would instantly relieve some of the issues.
Possibly so that the people on the end of a row get to be able to watch the match without forever having to let people in and out??? At half time all at the same time fine. Not missing anything but not all through the game thank you.

Last edited:
All these away teams go down singing football in a library chants you would think their grounds would be bouncing every week. Been plenty of away games with City and many home crowds in England are worse than ours.
They sing it to provoke,to be fair, it got one of the best reactions in ss3 yeaterday.
water off a ducks back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.