Atmosphere 2024/25

I could hear Ipswich in all 3 tiers.
I always sit in CBL3 close to the Family Stand, that’s quite far from the South Stand, however I remember a few seasons ago the noise that Wolves fans made, easily the loudest PL team I’ve heard at our place. So this idea that the noise doesn’t travel isn’t right.

So true, and blaming the tiered set-up doesn't entirely wash with me, the away section can be very loud, Villa were for a lot of the title decider before our incredible 3 goals in 6mins, so it should be possible for the rest of SS1/2/3 to at least equal that, and the idea that a 'home end' in North Stand will be a panacea just won't be the case unless more people put the effort in to sing and shout. Problem, also, is the more diluted any traditional vocal support becomes with (quieter) newbies or tourists, the harder it is for even the most vociferous to generate noise, to the point where even they might become disillusioned and give up a losing battle.
This is not to say that home games cannot be a bear pit, as we know they can be in those games where the jeopardy is highest. Also the away effort continues to usually be quite astonishingly good, even with a degree of ticket dilution (something the club really need to address, pause, or preferably reverse)...
The 3 goals were actually in 3 min 11 secs. Amazing!

All these away teams go down singing football in a library chants you would think their grounds would be bouncing every week. Been plenty of away games with City and many home crowds in England are worse than ours.
Especially when sides like Ipswich had deserted their club for years prior to the past couple of seasons.

As another poster pointed out it’s all a bit of football banter but without sounding like a rag, yesterday was the equivalent to Ipswich playing at home to Lincoln. I doubt Portman Road would be rocking for a run of the mill home game against a lesser side.

I have a new problem with the atmosphere. 5 of us up from Kent in 318 but we couldn't get tickets together even after being online for hours on release date.
So we were scattered around 318 is five like a song. Fans around me weren't singing and my mates said the same.
4 of us are foc been going for decades. Whilst I enjoyed the game I missed being with my mates.
We have another 3 games booked so far but again we aren't next together. If this is the same next season I'll knock it on the head and call it aday after 40yrs of match going. Seven and a half hrs drive to get to the Etihad than not sitting with your mates to enjoy the game. What's the point ?.
This is the first time we haven't even been able to get seats as a pair or more. I didn't enjoy not being with my mates, I missed the banter, the joy of scoring, the singing etc. If am honest I'm not really looking forward the next next 3 games we have.
Going to the game is about having a crack with your mates, I missed that but most of all I missed being sat with my lad.
I'm not saying us 5 made any difference to the atmosphere but us 5 didn't really sing because no one around us was really singing.

PS I don't think having the legend lounge in the middle of the SS works
I feel sorry for my son and a couple of his mates who can’t, as I did, just rock up, pay on the gate for most games and stand where you wanted on the Kippax, all together.
Surely there’s demand for two or three sections to be allocated to members only, not season ticket holders, who can buy on a first come first served basis, safe standing tickets where you can stand where you want and sing, jump around and have some banter. The opportunity is there next season, with the addition of nearly 8000 more seats to ask fans opinion and willingness to move etc?!

Good first half hour yesterday but after that it was dreadful.

Why does SSL1 always stop singing around the 35th minute of games? They always do it. Even in big games or games where they’ve been rocking, around that time in pretty much every game they go silent.

110-111 sang more than SSL1 yesterday, including the chant ‘boring boring South Stand’ at SSL1 which was quite funny. Usually SSL1 pick up again - after whatever it makes them stop singing around 35mins of the game - around the hour mark, but didn’t really do so yesterday… just sporadic in the last half hour from them with around 60% of the section not joining in with anything.

SSL3 were surprisingly quiet all game. What was that about? That’s usually where stadium-wide singing starts but there was almost nothing apart from when Gündoğan came on.

The rest of the ground was dead. Even had people near me shouting at fans to sit down when Erling was stepping up to take the penalty to make it 1-1. Sit down when we’ve got a penalty? What the fuck?!

First home games of the season against Newcastle last season and Bournemouth the season before were much better atmospheres than yesterday.

A lot of posts on here seem to care more about the atmosphere than winning. Ipswich fans with there 2football in a library" chants did make me chuckle. Sad twats.
Keep bringing the trophies home is all I care about. Yes it was quiet yesterday but anyone who doesn't think most premier grounds are like that then they are sorely mistaken.
I was at Chelsea last week. It was abysmal but the away end was really really loud.

Reactions: PPT
Good first half hour yesterday but after that it was dreadful.

Why does SSL1 always stop singing around the 35th minute of games? They always do it. Even in big games or games where they’ve been rocking, around that time in pretty much every game they go silent.

110-111 sang more than SSL1 yesterday, including the chant ‘boring boring South Stand’ at SSL1 which was quite funny. Usually SSL1 pick up again - after whatever it makes them stop singing around 35mins of the game - around the hour mark, but didn’t really do so yesterday… just sporadic in the last half hour from them with around 60% of the section not joining in with anything.

SSL3 were surprisingly quiet all game. What was that about? That’s usually where stadium-wide singing starts but there was almost nothing apart from when Gündoğan came on.

The rest of the ground was dead. Even had people near me shouting at fans to sit down when Erling was stepping up to take the penalty to make it 1-1. Sit down when we’ve got a penalty? What the fuck?!

First home games of the season against Newcastle last season and Bournemouth the season before were much better atmospheres than yesterday.
a good portion of south stand decide to go up to concourse always around 10 minutes before half time and the atmosphere does kind of flattern in that time. I don’t really understand why they need to leave early for half time with the redevelopment of the section it’s pretty quick getting a pint even if you leave right on half time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.