Atmosphere 2024/25

In a ideal world we would carry out all of your suggestions above, but as you say realistically the club aren’t going to move the away fans.

For me the focus should be on what we can do in the short term and then look at the bigger picture. For instance we could easily make the back 8 rows or so of ss3 safe standing. That could be a big difference as people who stand tend to get more involved in chants. When ss3 chant that gets the rest of the ground involved.

In the long term we need to focus on creating that home end in the new north stand.

For some reason the club aren't thinking about adding safe standing in the home section on SSL3, as far as we know, even though the away end on SSL3 is now all safe standing.

I appreciate away fans stand anyway, so safe standing has probably only been installed to comply with ground regulations and H&S reasons, as the tier is so steep.

It does irk a bit that the away fans have got safe standing on SSL3, but City fans haven't.

Last edited:
I have a new problem with the atmosphere. 5 of us up from Kent in 318 but we couldn't get tickets together even after being online for hours on release date.
So we were scattered around 318 is five like a song. Fans around me weren't singing and my mates said the same.
4 of us are foc been going for decades. Whilst I enjoyed the game I missed being with my mates.
We have another 3 games booked so far but again we aren't next together. If this is the same next season I'll knock it on the head and call it aday after 40yrs of match going. Seven and a half hrs drive to get to the Etihad than not sitting with your mates to enjoy the game. What's the point ?.
This is the first time we haven't even been able to get seats as a pair or more. I didn't enjoy not being with my mates, I missed the banter, the joy of scoring, the singing etc. If am honest I'm not really looking forward the next next 3 games we have.
Going to the game is about having a crack with your mates, I missed that but most of all I missed being sat with my lad.
I'm not saying us 5 made any difference to the atmosphere but us 5 didn't really sing because no one around us was really singing.

PS I don't think having the legend lounge in the middle of the SS works

I have a new problem with the atmosphere. 5 of us up from Kent in 318 but we couldn't get tickets together even after being online for hours on release date.
So we were scattered around 318 is five like a song. Fans around me weren't singing and my mates said the same.
4 of us are foc been going for decades. Whilst I enjoyed the game I missed being with my mates.
We have another 3 games booked so far but again we aren't next together. If this is the same next season I'll knock it on the head and call it aday after 40yrs of match going. Seven and a half hrs drive to get to the Etihad than not sitting with your mates to enjoy the game. What's the point ?.
This is the first time we haven't even been able to get seats as a pair or more. I didn't enjoy not being with my mates, I missed the banter, the joy of scoring, the singing etc. If am honest I'm not really looking forward the next next 3 games we have.
Going to the game is about having a crack with your mates, I missed that but most of all I missed being sat with my lad.
I'm not saying us 5 made any difference to the atmosphere but us 5 didn't really sing because no one around us was really singing.

The new stand should help with availability next season.

I comment often about crowd psychology. The first few minutes often set the tone. Many people in the non singing areas will sing if those around them are. That’s why the first few songs should be non-clapping anthems and not three consecutive versions of a new song like we had yesterday with that new Follow Follow.

If they organise the rollout of the new stand properly it should solve your problem perfectly as well as solving the other atmosphere problem: three small sections doing their own thing.

The problem is success. Winning year after year takes the tension away and people watch the game expecting to win. The emotion is absent other than quiet satisfaction. Dare I mention that the same thing happened at the old toilet during the run under that Scotsman. If we were relegated, the Etihad would be a cauldron in the lower division.
Real described the atmosphere for the UCL semi as the most fierce they had encountered; there was genuine tension in that game.
Absolutely agree. I said last night that I’ve never known a City support to be so nonplussed when we’ve conceded an opening goal. “Aah well, it’ll be alright.”

The mantra of 'the away fans can't be moved' should be challenged.....WHY NOT ??

Other clubs have moved away fans and relocated them in less advantageous locations.

There are few, if any, security, segregation, safety, transport or logistics issues in relocating away fans 'round the corner' of SSL1 & ESL1, they even have the benefit of all being pitch side.

SSL2 & 3 becomes a dedicated City end which imo will contribute more intensity to the atmosphere.

Surely an animation CGI, professionally presented to the relevant authorities, demonstrating a 'no risk' case could be persuasive.

Imo, there is more risk of fan confrontations around the Metro area than elsewhere on the campus.

Now, when other rearrangements are being made in preparation for the NS expansion, is the most appropriate time to do it or the opportunity will be lost.

Finally, the club should try directing away fans egressing the Metro to walk behind the ES not the CBS.

It is the shortest & most direct route and keeps them away from the coach welcome etc.

Alternatively, Metro,City, their club could instruct/ recommend they alight at Asda/ANW where the walk is even shorter.

This subject needs its own thread and CAMPAIGNING !!

'where there's a will there's a way' !!

For some reason the club aren't thinking about adding safe standing in the home section on SSL3, as far as we know, even though the away end on SSL3 is now all safe standing.

I appreciate away fans stand anyway, so safe standing has probably only been installed to comply with ground regulations and H&S reasons, as the tier is so steep.

It does irk a bit that the away fans have got safe standing on SSL3, but City fans haven't.
We always stand at the back of 318.
And it does irk that we don't have rails etc to hold onto.

Reactions: jrb

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.