Atmosphere 2024/25

3pm Saturday home games, always the same. Vast majority of people just want to watch a football game, react to the action on the pitch, have a couple of pints and they don't want to sing songs or chant. Just the way it is, every ground is the same, Liverpool desperately pushing for a goal at Anfield, and you could hear the players shouting.
No big deal, it's ok to watch football without singing. On the big nights the atmosphere takes care of itself.
In Germany, France and Italy you have whole sections with little interest in the football. They just chant and perform all game, we don't have that, thankfully. At Bayren there are muppets waving huge flags all game, blocking the view of the football, regardless of the action on the pitch.
Can't think of any absolutely thumping atmosphere at any Saturday 3pm game, and that's actually fine.
Isn’t that largely because no big games take place at 3pm on Saturday because TV move them all and so we’re left with pretty humdrum fixtures which are never gonna generate a great atmosphere barring a remarkable set of circumstances in the game.

Isn’t that largely because no big games take place at 3pm on Saturday because TV move them all and so we’re left with pretty humdrum fixtures which are never gonna generate a great atmosphere barring a remarkable set of circumstances in the game.
It probably is. Brentford at home is never going to be a good atmosphere. Their fans hardly sung at all and our performance was poor.

It probably is. Brentford at home is never going to be a good atmosphere. Their fans hardly sung at all and our performance was poor.

Strange as the Brentford fans at their home make a racket in a small tight ground.
And talking about lack of away fans generating an atmosphere
With the name Millwall in your username.
Do you remember the season when after the trouble at the den and Maine road 98/99 season I think . Both sets of away fans were banned at each others grounds the next time we played each other.
Well there was a right racket at Maine Road when we played Millwall even tho none of there fans were present. Enjoyed that match

Average today atmosphere wise.
Sack the stadium announcer I can't stand his erling skit especially when it's Brentford at home keep it for the big games
Hate it whoever it's a against.
I know I'll get stick for this but the guy who used to do the announcements at Liverpool was quality.
Read the team, announce the scorer, STFU!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.