Atmosphere 2024/25

Thought the South Stand was pretty good today. Some South Standers I chatted to in Mary D’s after the game thought it was flat though.

More singing is needed from other parts of the ground.

This exactly why ALL SS 3/2 should be exclusively City's second home end.

Relocate the away fans into ESL1 / round the corner.

The club must not miss this last opportunity to reorganise the stadium for the benefit of City fans and and an improved, hostile atmosphere !!
GMP will not allow away fans in ESL. They are in SS because it's right next to the away fans coach park. I think the best solution is to put them all in SS lower when the NS extension is completed.

You’re never going to have a proper home end when the ones who proclaim themselves as the ‘singers’ only want to be either side of wherever the away fans are.
That’s only a few blocks of fans though. Even then most people in either ss1 or ss3 aren’t trying to wind up the away fans. Ss3 most of the chants are nothing to do with the away fans.

Why can’t we have both. Let’s keep what we have in ss1 and also have a home end. Spurs, villa, Leeds, Arsenal, Chelsea and loads of clubs have two ends of the ground that stand up.

Last edited:
That’s only a few blocks of fans though. Even then most people in either ss1 or ss3 aren’t trying to wind up the away fans.
Exactly. Aside from if you're in the Kippax corner or blocks 114/115, you're too far away to have anything to do with the away fans, most in the rest of the safe standing blocks 116 to 119 don't need the away fans to sing.

Thought the South Stand was pretty good today. Some South Standers I chatted to in Mary D’s after the game thought it was flat though.

More singing is needed from other parts of the ground.
SS3 was good but the problem is you cannot hear even SS1 far less any other parts of the ground.
I take it SS1 was decent as well yesterday.
Acoustics could be the main problem not lack of singers.

Average today atmosphere wise.
Sack the stadium announcer I can't stand his erling skit especially when it's Brentford at home keep it for the big games
honestly love what the announcer does it’s a rare occasion in games where all parts of stadium is chanting something in unison.

SS3 was good but the problem is you cannot hear even SS1 far less any other parts of the ground.
I take it SS1 was decent as well yesterday.
Acoustics could be the main problem not lack of singers.
It is the main problem. The atmosphere was better today because SSL made some noise. They are the songs that spread around the stadium. When they sing it “booms” and catches on.

Just watched Liverpool v Forest, MOTD. Apart from one Liverpool, Liverpool, chant, there was nothing.

Then watched City v Brentford. Audible noise, some chants, and Halland chants.

I know it’s only an edited snap shot of both matches, and City won, but the difference in both atmospheres was clear.

SSL1 in the 2nd half was decent.

Where did stand up for the champions start from, as it wasn’t from SSL1.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.