Atmosphere 2024/25

GMP have been saying this for over 20 years, but some City fans keep suggesting away fans are moved.
Blocks 111, 110 and 109 are next to the coach park.

The barriers that separate the home and away fans on the concourse can be moved over.

This conversation isn’t just about moving the away fans, it’s about making SSL3 a City tier.

Most of the away vocal support, and the biggest section of the away support is in SSL3.

Brentford didn’t fill SSL3 on Saturday.

Other PL clubs have successfully located away fans in L1 corners. Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, etc. All of those away ends don’t have coach parks attached to the stadiums and they all manage to cope.

As for GMP. I don’t see them worrying about City fans running the annual abuse, hatred, and violence gauntlet when City fans got to OT and have to cross the forecourt to get to the away end.

Just watched Liverpool v Forest, MOTD. Apart from one Liverpool, Liverpool, chant, there was nothing.

Then watched City v Brentford. Audible noise, some chants, and Halland chants.

I know it’s only an edited snap shot of both matches, and City won, but the difference in both atmospheres was clear.

SSL1 in the 2nd half was decent.

Where did stand up for the champions start from, as it wasn’t from SSL1.
SS3

My season works out at under £26 a game.
City do okay for the working man

That "derby" atmosphere in North London was shocking today, from both sets of supporters.

The famous fabled hyped-to-fuck barcode away support was silent until the 75th minute.

Such is life in todays Premier League. JCL's and tourists left, right and centre.
Working man priced out.
Go figure.
This tourist thing is an absolute myth, thousands of hard core (i say hard core ?) blues dont sing, its as simple as that...

GMP will not allow away fans in ESL. They are in SS because it's right next to the away fans coach park. I think the best solution is to put them all in SS lower when the NS extension is completed.
I think the point that he's making is that If they used the corner between SS1 and ES1, then away fans could still use the same turnstiles connected to the away coach park.

But I think it's very unlikely that the away end gets changed, and I think spreading them over 3 tiers actually makes it quite difficult for them to create much of an atmosphere.

There is also the argument of making SS3 a full home end, which if people are willing to relocate would be a very positive outcome for our atmosphere

Hate it whoever it's a against.
I know I'll get stick for this but the guy who used to do the announcements at Liverpool was quality.
Read the team, announce the scorer, STFU!!!!
Sadly it’s becoming a part of all modern day sports events. Every low level employee with a mic wants to be Michael Buffer at the MGM Grand in Vegas

I was at the arena on Tuesday to watch a Canada v Argentina tennis tie. A ridiculous woman proceeded to introduce the players in the most over the top screechy shouty voice to the couple of hundred tennis diehards present as though it were a world heavyweight title boxing bout

It was absurdly inappropriate to the point of parody. Amusement or maybe bemusement seemed to be the reaction of the majority of fans there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.