Atmosphere 2024/25

Catching the tram from St Peters Square there were quite a few families who didn't know which tram to catch. It was great to see the kids proper excited about going to the match. Quite possibly their first match and we all know you never forget that.

Took my 7 yo daughter to her first game last night (she has been to the stadium before to watch City v United women), and she loved it.

I used to have a seasoncard, but gave it up 3 years ago and the cost for single games and availability make it difficult to go regularly. I tend to buy singles off FB if I go to any. I'm not paying £70 for two memberships for a start, so having these on open sale and relatively cheap meant it was the perfect game to take her to.

I wouldn't say she is massively into football, but she takes an interest because of me. Kind of wish i still had my seasoncard and I could take her more often, she might get really into it then.

Good ....we need to make it even more hostile & intense by putting away fans down at the front of ES1 & round the corner flag in SS1 (the worst position in the stadium for acoustics & views) and making SS2/3 all City fans.

Creating two CITY ends by shifting away fans has got the potential to make our stadium more of a bear pit and now is the time to start discussions with the authorities to make it coincide with the opening of the NS2.

Where there’s a will there’s a way !!
Have you got that saved in your notes and just post it every day?

We need to concentrate on making NSL2 a proper atmosphere end before anything else changes in our stadium. Where the away fans are is neither here nor there compared to making sure we get NSL2 right.

To be fair a lot of the people who attend cup games are actually long standing fans who can’t afford premier league matches or are unable to attend for whatever reason.

Hence why you see so many younger people, which you don’t see for league games.

mate took his daughter to her first game tonight, she was absolutely buzzing and overwhelmed seeing her heros in the flesh. These games are massively important for the young ens on and off the pitch

Absolutely- I know lots of so called “tourists” who have kids & not particularly well paid employment & who would love to go every week & take their kids. These games are a real event for them and it pisses me off to hear entitled fans literally BELITTLING them.
I agree, there's an undertone to it I don't like and it's getting chucked around so much it's becoming a blue-on-blue form of abuse. It's one thing criticising the club for ticketing practices that seem to favour overseas buyers with no allegiance to the club over genuine fans. It's quite another using the term 'tourist' and 'new fan' to demean other blues who don't meet some weird idea of what a blue should look like or aren't lucky enough or well-heeled enough or old enough to get in the ground as often as Bredbury Bert. If people who love the club and Mancunians of all varieties aren't welcome in the ground then the club will die, no matter how successful we are on the pitch. Some of these young families that get labelled 'tourists' actually live around the ground as well, it's genuinely their local club and it's a big outgoing. It was heartwarming to see so many kids and people usually priced out of the ground get the chance last night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.