Atmosphere 2024/25

Agree. Going off how vocal my 'flexi' section of the ground was on Saturday I think there's pent up demand from passionate Blues - who've been locked out of season tickets since Covid - that could work wonders in that stand. The key is not to price people out or go silly with the amount and location of seats given over to hospitality. We will need the energy of new and returning season ticket holders in the new stand as well as existing ones, because inevitably some singers won't want to move if they're happy where they are.
One condition to add: No leaving early...

You need people making noise in the first place so yes you're quite right in that regard, they can definitely do more. But if you took 3,000 people singing in SSL1 and moved them under the roof in SSL3 the noise would be heard around the ground more. And apologies for repeating this, the NS is going to be even better in terms of acoustics.
Would they move though ? Many of the singers in SSL1 are also posturers.

You can’t posture at away fans from a range of 150 yards

I think you'd get some moving. If the pricing is right then you might attract a big enough group of people keen to go and make some noise. We make a racket away from home, there are lots of young lads who want to go and have a few beers and a sing song, maybe they'd be incentivised to go to a single tiered stand alongside 7000 other blues and make some noise.

Most people seem sceptical about the configuration with the hospitality in there, even if it is bog basic GA+. But the whole design is to have tifo's hanging from the roof, there's the flexibility to make it safe standing....it feels like the club want it to be atmospheric. Will all come down to pricing really. If 1894 get on board with it maybe they'll unlock it.

Whilst you might not get everyone moving, I think there's many singers all around the ground who don't sing because of the section they sit in, but would if they were in a more vocal section.

I think plenty of singers will move there, and even if they don't in the first season many will move when they see how much louder it is

To be fair other than the two blocks either side of the away fans, most people in the south stand aren’t posturing towards the away fans.

Ss3 most of the chants are nothing to do with the away fans either. Ideally you’d keep what we have now and also have a proper home end in the north stand.

We have more than enough fans to make that happen.

If we can't move the away fans move the cameras to the other side. This would make the away fans dissappear round the corner as at OT and Anfield. Nothing more annoying on telly than see the away fans erupt as we concede a goal in the south stand end. Realise I am speaking for the armchair fans here which regrettably is me these days.
Ideally, away fans should never be seen on cameras. It’s like good marketing of the away fans/club by the home team, especially when it’s a proper limbs situation.

Ideally, when we moved into the CoMS in 2003, the away fans could have been put in 127-132, split by the big gap in that corner. Dugouts swapped the other way round so the away fans were beside their away bench. Away coaches could have been in that tunnel under the stadium and all the way round the underpass bit and the little road by the athletics stadium.

IMG_7625.jpeg

Would have been a good spot for them to be in now, with the new North Stand being built because we could have a proper home end at the North Stand end with a giant tier as well as having the away fans nearby for anyone who loved the banter with them.

That opportunity was missed decades ago now and they’re never going to be moved there now with Tunnel Club next to it, but that’s where they should have gone originally.

Last edited:
Thought the FC Twente fans were alright. There was a back and forth between two different groups, some in Colin Bell and another in SS. Bit confused, the city fans in SS chanted "who the fuckin hell are you?"
Next thing we are all clapping "if you all hate Untied"
Thought they were rags dressed in black.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.