Atmosphere at Eastlands

Ric

Administrator
Had an interesting meeting at the club tonight, regarding the atmosphere at Eastlands and what can be done to improve it.

The club were represented by Karen Procter, Steve Sayer, Danny Wilson and Chris Nield, whilst Kevin Parker (OSC), Felix (Blue Alliance), Neil Crowther (Points of Blue) and myself were representing the fans.

I think the feedback the club has had from the surveys they conduct, and from reading the forums, is that the atmosphere at home games isn't great and that this is an important issue for many fans.

All credit to the club, in that they are being proactive in seeing what can be done to help improve things and are keen to help out where possible.

I wasn't taking notes, so can't recollect everything that was said but some of the issues that were discussed include:

- the location of the away section (and the singers being split between SS and 110/111)
- issue with Sunday/midweek fixtures
- ticket prices/loyalty points awarded for cup games
- music the players come out to
- increasing number of flags/banners
- the version of Bluemoon that is sung before the game

I'm sure there's plenty of other stuff that I've missed, but we discussed the fact that every club faces the same problem - it's not specific to City.

I think everyone has been impressed with the Poznan and Aris fans we've encountered in the Europa League this year, but the fans culture on the continent is very different to English football culture. A valid point was raised that our culture is more spontaneous and humorous, whereas in Europe it's often very orchestrated and planned.

Anyhow, I think further talks are planned, so if anyone has any suggestions on what they think can improve the atmosphere just let us know. I know this issue has been covered in numerous other threads, but I thought it'd be easier to create a new one to collate any ideas/feedback to present to the club.

From my point of view the atmosphere this season has improved. Largely down to the Poznans. I wonder what the heavy Health and Safety regime we had a few years ago would have made of that?

Ric said:
Had an interesting meeting at the club tonight, regarding the atmosphere at Eastlands and what can be done to improve it.

The club were represented by Karen Procter, Steve Sayer, Danny Wilson and Chris Nield, whilst Kevin Parker (OSC), Felix (Blue Alliance), Neil Crowther (Points of Blue) and myself were representing the fans.

I think the feedback the club has had from the surveys they conduct, and from reading the forums, is that the atmosphere at home games isn't great and that this is an important issue for many fans.

All credit to the club, in that they are being proactive in seeing what can be done to help improve things and are keen to help out where possible.

I wasn't taking notes, so can't recollect everything that was said but some of the issues that were discussed include:

- the location of the away section (and the singers being split between SS and 110/111)

I'm sure there's plenty of other stuff that I've missed, but we discussed the fact that every club faces the same problem - it's not specific to City.

I think everyone has been impressed with the Poznan and Aris fans we've encountered in the Europa League this year, but the fans culture on the continent is very different to English football culture. A valid point was raised that our culture is more spontaneous and humorous, whereas in Europe it's often very orchestrated and planned.

Anyhow, I think further talks are planned, so if anyone has any suggestions on what they think can improve the atmosphere just let us know. I know this issue has been covered in numerous other threads, but I thought it'd be easier to create a new one to collate any ideas/feedback to present to the club.

pfft, bloody useless. I think the music before a match and the bloke on the tannoy need to STFU half an hour before kick off, so the fans can create an atmosphere for when the Players come out.

As long as it's nothing that they try to manufacture.

The answer to more banners and flags is not ones like the 'Ireland is Superman' and 'We're not really here' ones which they club put up.

More seasoncard reorganisation to put more like minded people together is the way forward for me. I'm not sure the club would go there again though.

no offence but the club needs to discuss all this with US, the fans, and not piddling representatives who think they speak for the majority.<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:17 pm --<br /><br />no offence but the club needs to discuss all this with US, the fans, and not piddling representatives who think they speak for the majority.

Free pies for shirtless fat bastards with MCFC daubed on their moobs.

A scary chitty chitty bang bang kiddie catcher in the family stand to round up and incarcerate kids who bang seats and don't watch the game properly.

AlthamBlue said:
Ric said:

pfft, bloody useless. I think the music before a match and the bloke on the tannoy need to STFU half an hour before kick off, so the fans can create an atmosphere for when the Players come out.
Half an hour before kick off the ground is empty.Until we resolve the away fans and our split vocal support the atmosphere will be poor.

Get a load of volunteers together who would be prepared to get flags and banners etc out of a storage space before the game...We have ones hung up but that's about it...Even the massive ones "welcome to Manchester" and the other one only get brought out one at a time.
We should get each fansite/OSC branch to design and get their own..There are four that the kids wave about before the game with Tevez on etc...buy a couple of dozen more (are we allowed them in the stand or is it against elf n safety?)
Make every game a flag day!
Do the same in the family stand!!...kids would love to get involved waving banners and flags about!-start em young.
And FFS fix the speakers at the back of 117...Can hardly hear a flippin thing!!...except that the announcer is tripe...sorry, but he just hasn't got it in him.
And eject the bloke behind me in 117 AA 450 ish...Moans from start to finish, arms folded, no singing, shouting unless its negative.PLEASE!!!
Ta!

rowsley_st said:
Get a load of volunteers together who would be prepared to get flags and banners etc out of a storage space before the game...We have ones hung up but that's about it...Even the massive ones "welcome to Manchester" and the other one only get brought out one at a time.
We should get each fansite/OSC branch to design and get their own..There are four that the kids wave about before the game with Tevez on etc...buy a couple of dozen more (are we allowed them in the stand or is it against elf n safety?)
Make every game a flag day!
Do the same in the family stand!!...kids would love to get involved waving banners and flags about!-start em young.
And FFS fix the speakers at the back of 117...Can hardly hear a flippin thing!!...except that the announcer is tripe...sorry, but he just hasn't got it in him.
And eject the bloke behind me in 117 AA 450 ish...Moans from start to finish, arms folded, no singing, shouting unless its negative.PLEASE!!!
Ta!
you should have been in that meeting mate!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.