Atmosphere at Eastlands

JoeMercer'sWay said:
no offence but the club needs to discuss all this with US, the fans, and not piddling representatives who think they speak for the majority.

-- Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:17 pm --

no offence but the club needs to discuss all this with US, the fans, and not piddling representatives who think they speak for the majority.
Kind if agree but they did do a survey. Problem with surveys is that while they gather mass amounts of data it doesn't have the quality of feedback that that small focus groups do hence why they did this.

I think in some ways part of the problem is that the grounds access is so good. Years ago everyone had to get there early otherwise miss half the match now you can arrive 5 mins before kick off and get in no problem. Basically there is no match build up.

i think we should change the tune that the players come out to to something more intimidating (cant think of anything off the top of my head, feel free to suggest). Moving the away fans is a must for me and getting rid of that bloody Hugh guy he does my head in !

Before I comment I'm sure a lot of you will disagree with what I am about to say but there are bound to be some who will agree, but hey that's what the forum is about.

Although being a season ticket holder I am based overseas and I can't get to many games.

I don't think it has anything to do with the music etc...

What has struck me about those games that I attended last season in the North Stand Level 1 and this season in the Colin Bell Stand level 1 is that "the new rules" governing football crowds is the real reason - sit down, don't stand up - do you have to shout and scream!! - don't swear - don't get too excited etc.....

If you do any of these things either a steward gives you a lecture automatically or someone else in the crowd reports you to a steward who comes and gives you a lecture and threatens you with ejection and possibly being banned from the ground.

At some games last season we were constantly being watched over by the private security thugs dressed in black - and if you were unlucky you were dragged out and beaten up by the fat guy who runs the show.

Sadly football will never be the same again and to be honest I don't enjoy being at games these days due to the fact that I can't enjoy myself as I am constantly looking over my shoulder.

Although there are some new rules in place I don't think the club help by employing the thugs that they do and also banning people who may never ever come back as they feel let down by the club that some of them have supported through thin and thinner for many years having been banned for sometimes very minor reasons.

The club can do much more to let us actually try to get excited like in the old days a little more.

Its not rocket science now is it.

Whilst we were still playing at the Grand Dame of Moss Side there was one of the worlds largest standing terraces and it was typically men, and young men and mostly working class young men in there (and lets be honest many many of them were pissed up) with almost no stewarding.

It was US against THEM and US normally won out when challenged vocally.

Now you have men women and kids, loads of the middle class types who wouldn't last 2 minutes on the streets of Moss Side of old - and they are split and divided by the away fans.

They are more BLur than Oasis and guess what the atmos' is pap.

My solution, get one end full of home fans, give tickets away to kids from the local PRU's, get them pissed up and watch it rock............

rowsley_st said:
Get a load of volunteers together who would be prepared to get flags and banners etc out of a storage space before the game...We have ones hung up but that's about it...Even the massive ones "welcome to Manchester" and the other one only get brought out one at a time.
We should get each fansite/OSC branch to design and get their own..!

Agree, flags and banners all over looks quality. And alot of people have them and dont take them. Ive just had 2 made.

saleblue16 said:
i think we should change the tune that the players come out to to something more intimidating (cant think of anything off the top of my head, feel free to suggest). Moving the away fans is a must for me and getting rid of that bloody Hugh guy he does my head in !

same here,and he is a rag twat

JoeMercer'sWay said:

-- Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:17 pm --

How do you suggest they get 48,000 people into a meeting? They can't. How do you get 48,000 different opinions? A survey, they did that, but it is easily skewed as it was able to be accessed by all and sundry, whether you go every game, or just once in your life.

I'm sorry but how does a flag make the atmosphere any better??
where were all these banners when we at maine road??
Do you honestly look at a banner and say fook me that banner s great let sing ???

What I think the club should do but will never ever allow is to make an area in the ground unreserved area ie sit/stand where you want and with who you want so you can all get with ya mates and like minded fans and sing ya hearts out

Although the singing section works to a point there are lot of times when you go in there try to sing and get weird looks off people like your a fecking freak

Have a raffle at the 110 corner flag, similar to the below. Ric has a spare pasting table, he told me: -

cat060211-gccf-croydoncc-leatherhead-320.JPG

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.