Atmosphere at Eastlands

stonie said:
Crap atmosphere today and probably the worst since Birmingham at home from what I can recall, its like we were all just sat there waiting for us to roll all over fulham which to be fare we should off, as for kid booing well each to their own but I have never done it and I guess the ones that booed elf not go to or one of the 4000 when we lost to Mansfield back in 98....very sad

at virtually every decent ground around the country they have one end behind the goal that creates a atmosphere, you hear about the kop at Liverpool practically sucking the ball into the net, we put the away fans behind one end and the family stand in another. People like me who'd love to sit somewhere in the ground with an atmosphere have ended up in the CBL3 where you can hear a pin drop, I've ended up here because I moved from the North Stand to the Platt Lane when at Maine Road, obviously with hindsight I wouldn't have done this. The club need to get all the people who want to create an atmosphere together, then the "singing section" becomes larger and louder.

jrb said:
Spiros said:
What if someone had thrown an object onto the pitch near the end of the game?

How would they have been prosecuted? We don't know who they are because they are not in the seat assigned to them.

Also, how would the bars know how much stock to get in if they've gone from having a stand or block with 200 people in to s stand with an indeterminate amount of people in it?

I wish people would think out their barmy ideas. Letting people mill into a seat wherever they fancy is the biggest non-starter of all the ideas I've heard.

Ah?

Spiros. Not being funny mate, but are you an Aris fan?

Well.....what I'm saying is, is that everyone who comes into the ground has to be accounted for, so people cannot just go and sit where they want. I mean, I could put together a presentation for you?

Roger Ringpiece said:

stonie said:
Crap atmosphere today and probably the worst since Birmingham at home from what I can recall, its like we were all just sat there waiting for us to roll all over fulham which to be fare we should off, as for kid booing well each to their own but I have never done it and I guess the ones that booed elf not go to or one of the 4000 when we lost to Mansfield back in 98....very sad

JEsus didn't know it was that low, just glad I was there, dunno why lol

Ric said:
Had an interesting meeting at the club tonight, regarding the atmosphere at Eastlands and what can be done to improve it.

The club were represented by Karen Procter, Steve Sayer, Danny Wilson and Chris Nield, whilst Kevin Parker (OSC), Felix (Blue Alliance), Neil Crowther (Points of Blue) and myself were representing the fans.

I think the feedback the club has had from the surveys they conduct, and from reading the forums, is that the atmosphere at home games isn't great and that this is an important issue for many fans.

All credit to the club, in that they are being proactive in seeing what can be done to help improve things and are keen to help out where possible.

I wasn't taking notes, so can't recollect everything that was said but some of the issues that were discussed include:

- the location of the away section (and the singers being split between SS and 110/111)
- issue with Sunday/midweek fixtures
- ticket prices/loyalty points awarded for cup games
- music the players come out to
- increasing number of flags/banners
- the version of Bluemoon that is sung before the game

I'm sure there's plenty of other stuff that I've missed, but we discussed the fact that every club faces the same problem - it's not specific to City.

I think everyone has been impressed with the Poznan and Aris fans we've encountered in the Europa League this year, but the fans culture on the continent is very different to English football culture. A valid point was raised that our culture is more spontaneous and humorous, whereas in Europe it's often very orchestrated and planned.

Anyhow, I think further talks are planned, so if anyone has any suggestions on what they think can improve the atmosphere just let us know. I know this issue has been covered in numerous other threads, but I thought it'd be easier to create a new one to collate any ideas/feedback to present to the club.
How about a phone app with lyrics, the younger fans might be in to it, it would synchronise the singing around the ground and might be a bit of fun!

Ric said:
I think everyone has been impressed with the Poznan and Aris fans we've encountered in the Europa League this year, but the fans culture on the continent is very different to English football culture. A valid point was raised that our culture is more spontaneous and humorous, whereas in Europe it's often very orchestrated and planned.

my god. Stay to your own english traditions. The orchestrated european atmosphere has a lot of negative aspects (and there is a lot of discussion about it among fans - at least in my home country)

I heard someone boo Balotelli when they announced he got MotM.<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:58 am --<br /><br />
blue b4 the moon said:
If push comes to shove just move the SS City fans into the aways and visa versa.

Nobody losses thier mates and the aways are still near the coaches etc.

We can have a full corner rather than a full end. It would be a start.

Its worth a try I feel, especially just for 1 game and if it don't work then just scrap it.

A good time would have been over these 2 weeks when we played Fulham and have Wigan next week because they will only bring a few fans as well. Probs abit late now though.

What's that new music they play when announcing the City lineup called? I can't make my mind up on that contributing to a good atmosphere.

You can hear it in this video: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKUeHWW9qTg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKUeHWW9qTg</a> becomes easier to hear around 2:12

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.