Atmosphere today/moving seats

Struggling to post multiple pics but this one is from 315

bildmf.jpg

This has probably been asked before BUT can anyone (Worsley?) tell me how the capacity of each stand is made up. e.g We now know that SS level 3 is 6300 give or take some.
Before expansion - NS 8,700 - SS 8,700 - CB 15,000 - ES 15,000 = 47,400. Now SS must be 15,000 giving capacity to be say 54,000 or a bit more. (yesterday 54,331).
What I was wondering was how the away fans are split. Level 1 say 1,200 - Level 2 say 1,300 and Level 3 say 500. Maybe the club have issued capacity of each level in each stand - in the past. Anyone know?.
Thanks......

This has probably been asked before BUT can anyone (Worsley?) tell me how the capacity of each stand is made up. e.g We now know that SS level 3 is 6300 give or take some.
Before expansion - NS 8,700 - SS 8,700 - CB 15,000 - ES 15,000 = 47,400. Now SS must be 15,000 giving capacity to be say 54,000 or a bit more. (yesterday 54,331).
What I was wondering was how the away fans are split. Level 1 say 1,200 - Level 2 say 1,300 and Level 3 say 500. Maybe the club have issued capacity of each level in each stand - in the past. Anyone know?.
Thanks......

Level 3 looked biggest section for away fans from my vantage point . Would guess 800 level 1 1000 level 2 and 1,200 level 3

The atmosphere was brilliant. Our (Australian) broadcaster Fox Sports had their man at the ground who they did a live cross to at half time. He mentioned how good the atmosphere was and then spoke about the increased capacity. Great job to the Club and those that moved to create the singing section. Was the best I have heard via the box since we have been at the Etihad. On a side note, the side stand (East Stand?) looked great also. It was a sea of City blue and the walkways appeared light yellow (is this new this year as I thought historically it was grey/concrete) which clearly delineated the blocks of fans - looked like it was absolutely packed.

One thing to remember. 1894 sourced the people for the new block themselves. They pushed for the block when the club were dragging their feet a bit and had to do it through the media in the end. They also sat everyone together with their mates. If someone wanted top middle or bottom of 114 or 115. If they wanted front row or 3 rows from the back they got it and 1894 gave the layout of who sits with who to the club. One reason why it worked from the word go. Less people having to get to know each other as you might have in other blocks.

Also even 5 years ago at early meetings with the club there was a meeting and 2 of the present 1894 were there and highlighted the roof as being a problem. So a number of years of pushing and pushing has resulted in this end result

One thing to remember. 1894 sourced the people for the new block themselves. They pushed for the block when the club were dragging their feet a bit and had to do it through the media in the end. They also sat everyone together with their mates. If someone wanted top middle or bottom of 114 or 115. If they wanted front row or 3 rows from the back they got it and 1894 gave the layout of who sits with who to the club. One reason why it worked from the word go. Less people having to get to know each other as you might have in other blocks.

Also even 5 years ago at early meetings with the club there was a meeting and 2 of the present 1894 were there and highlighted the roof as being a problem. So a number of years of pushing and pushing has resulted in this end result

And well done to them.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! (speaking as someone closer to the other end of the pitch...!)

Seriously though, why change what's worked the last 5 years of success? And we seemed to do quite alright on Sunday..

Haha, I'll second that! After years of occasional matches (home & away) we finally took the plunge and bought STs when the club made some available a couple of months ago. Now looking forward to regular 9-10 hour round trips. Limited choice, of course, and the deciding factor in picking the seats we did was "well, even if they're not central, they're near the end City kicks to in the second half".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.