Atmosphere tonight

Ive said this before and i'll say it till i'm blue in the face;

atmosphere dwindles so you get more 'entertainment' and 'fan experiences' etc. These may include; flag wavers, songs at kick off, dedicated singing groups, HT entertainment, pre game bands, replays, videos etc etc etc etc

IMVHO, this puts the onus of creating atmosphere more and more onto the artificially created atmospheres of the above factors. The actual atmosphere gets worse and worse and so more and more gimmicks get introduced, thus creating a vicious spiral which i believe we are caught in.

Im not criticising the 1894 lot, they do a admirable job, but it's up to everyone to get involved and be inspired and be motivated. Apathy is the true enemy and COMS is riddled with it.

southstander93 said:
Was a poor atmosphere, but at the price of football now you can't really be surprised.

Last night was a bit of a final straw for me. In 212 there were several Roma fans scattered about, despite the fact there were many empty seats in the away end. When Roma equalised, they all jumped up and celebrated, yet only two of them were taken into the away end, probably so they didn't get leathered by the surrounding blues. Later in the game Roma nearly scored and a few of them on the front row, right next to the away fans border, jumped up ready to cheer. When me and a few blues around me stood up and shouted at the stewards separating the sets of fans to move them, the steward turned around to us and told us to sit down and to a few blues ''took their number''. Eventually they did get moved, but it showed how poorly the fans are treated at football matches. The champions league just isn't how I imagined it would be. The officials are poor, pricing is expensive and brings a wave of tourists and a shit atmosphere, and I'm sorry, but how fucking stupid is it that the main sponsor of the UEFA Champions League is Heineken, yet you aren't even allowed to drink the stuff inside the ground.

Had a look on city voice but that place seems useless, and the mods that reply are just arrogant and condescending. Anyone know if there is someone at the club you can contact about this sort of thing?

If that was city fans away at Roma in the home fans end it wouldn't be just the home fans beating you up but the stewards also would be laying Into you! Like you say us home fans are treated pretty poorly in these circumstances!!

I have lost all interest in this competition for a reason I cannot put my finger on.
Possibly the ffp bollocks..possibly the awful state of officiating week in week out in this comp.
I never thought i'd ever say this but since I hit 40 in Jan football is less important to me.Now dont get me wrong,I adore my club but I have lost the bug for the so called big nights in europe..didnt miss a game at home in cl for last three yrs but now im flat with it all.
Seeing ferdinand..scholes and all the negative shit today in the press is a minor issue but all part of the whole thing.Its just a competition I cant see me going back to any time soon..

Can't remember an away game I've been to where we made less noise than the home support. That's normal isn't it? So in that case we're exactly the same as pretty much every club in England. Anyone who thinks the atmosphere has anything to do with team performance is deluded also. If that were the case, Palace would have qualified for the Champions League last season. A lot of people on here moaning about the atmosphere probably don't even try and create one when they're at the game

I agree St Helen's. it has got to the point where a large proportion of our traditional support are starting to not give a toss about the CL. Yes, I know this is not right and is to be regretted and should not be the case etc, but it's the reality.

We hear excuse after excuse about the cost, the travelling, the tourists, the bad atmosphere, you name it. But if we were in the semi's or quarters against Real or Barca, we all know the place would be packed and rocking. But when it's another group game in another fixed group and we are going to play the same players in the same formation and get overrun in midfield again and have a disappointing result again, you know what, people just can't be arsed.

Something has got to change, or it is only going to get worse.

waspish said:
southstander93 said:
Was a poor atmosphere, but at the price of football now you can't really be surprised.

Last night was a bit of a final straw for me. In 212 there were several Roma fans scattered about, despite the fact there were many empty seats in the away end. When Roma equalised, they all jumped up and celebrated, yet only two of them were taken into the away end, probably so they didn't get leathered by the surrounding blues. Later in the game Roma nearly scored and a few of them on the front row, right next to the away fans border, jumped up ready to cheer. When me and a few blues around me stood up and shouted at the stewards separating the sets of fans to move them, the steward turned around to us and told us to sit down and to a few blues ''took their number''. Eventually they did get moved, but it showed how poorly the fans are treated at football matches. The champions league just isn't how I imagined it would be. The officials are poor, pricing is expensive and brings a wave of tourists and a shit atmosphere, and I'm sorry, but how fucking stupid is it that the main sponsor of the UEFA Champions League is Heineken, yet you aren't even allowed to drink the stuff inside the ground.

Had a look on city voice but that place seems useless, and the mods that reply are just arrogant and condescending. Anyone know if there is someone at the club you can contact about this sort of thing?

If that was city fans away at Roma in the home fans end it wouldn't be just the home fans beating you up but the stewards also would be laying Into you! Like you say us home fans are treated pretty poorly in these circumstances!!

100% our 'own' security are against us. do we source rags on purpose?

Mancunium said:
I think we should start from the positives, City's support is good if not great when away. So the same fans should be together for home games too. The Roma fans we saw yesterday will be singing together for their next home game without a doubt. i've got 2 friends who sing their heart out every away game but are season ticket holders in the family stand.
So if the regular travelling fans had the whole of the south stand to themselves I'm sure it would easily become our 12th man.

why are they in the family stand? if its hard enough to get noise in the south stand, most of the east stand and the prawn bell stand, why would they take a vow of silence in the family stand?

I imagine the answer is that they take kids for home games vs. away games its a 'lads trip'

Who is there at the club you raise all this with?!

And im not talking cityzen shite. There are plenty who feel the same so the voice should be heard.

Maybe last night can be the kick up the arse that is needed.

To be honest I can't stick up for the atomsphere last night. Something wasn't quite right in the air. A whole factor of reasons contributed and I hope it gives the club something to seriously think about today. What I can't get my head around is the critisism and 1 upmanship i've heard from the Millionaire footballers, eliteists, journo's and, in particular, the armchair Rags at work this morning is the amount of fans we have. Focusing more on the fact we can't fill the stadium. Something they always seem to bring up.

Why is this so imprortant to these people? Why do they think a large fanbase is the be all and end all. Wether it's 60,000 or 6,000. As long as they are loud, proud and loyal who cares.

A lot of people followed Hitler you know...

The club need to focus on attracting the kids/teens of Manchester through the gates. Getting them in at low cost.
And this is coming from a non-local (but long serving) supporter.
These kids will be you're bread and butter for life. The tourists will drop you as soon as the next trend come along. But them kids will be with you for life. Don't lose another generation!

Think on city!

shakermaker85 said:
To be honest I can't stick up for the atomsphere last night. Something wasn't quite right in the air. A whole factor of reasons contributed and I hope it gives the club something to seriously think about today. What I can't get my head around is the critisism and 1 upmanship i've heard from the Millionaire footballers, eliteists, journo's and, in particular, the armchair Rags at work this morning is the amount of fans we have. Focusing more on the fact we can't fill the stadium. Something they always seem to bring up.

Why is this so imprortant to these people? Why do they think a large fanbase is the be all and end all. Wether it's 60,000 or 6,000. As long as they are loud, proud and loyal who cares.

A lot of people followed Hitler you know...

The club need to focus on attracting the kids/teens of Manchester through the gates. Getting them in at low cost.
And this is coming from a non-local (but long serving) supporter.
These kids will be you're bread and butter for life. The tourists will drop you as soon as the next trend come along. But them kids will be with you for life. Don't lose another generation!

Think on city!

Imagine when it's a 61000 seater - they'll be in meltdown.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.