Attack by Napoli fans.

Whichever way you sugar coat it doesn't make it any less of a shit hole. It also doesn't mean you can't enjoy the experience whilst appreciating what a dump it is.
Certainly not sugar coating Naples , I was there for a few days. Its not all a dump, although I'd agree immediately around the station is 3rd world ....there's one or two blues on here belittling other blues who do there own thing as though they make the rules up . I was with some savvy heads who I'd trust with my life and all went well. Just avoid the dog's cocks who dont know what they're doing. The lack of plastic Irish bars and a big town square might have been a problem to some . Take your point , though...........and it made me chuckle when I saw a shop on the 'Spaccanapoli' street in middle of the city selling Camorra fridge magnets. I've done a fair number of European trips , like a lot of others and yourself over the years, and this trip to Naples was right up there. Privilege to be there watching a performance that will be long remembered.

Certainly not sugar coating Naples , I was there for a few days. Its not all a dump, although I'd agree immediately around the station is 3rd world ....there's one or two blues on here belittling other blues who do there own thing as though they make the rules up . I was with some savvy heads who I'd trust with my life and all went well. Just avoid the dog's cocks who dont know what they're doing. The lack of plastic Irish bars and a big town square might have been a problem to some . Take your point , though...........and it made me chuckle when I saw a shop on the 'Spaccanapoli' street in middle of the city selling Camorra fridge magnets. I've done a fair number of European trips , like a lot of others and yourself over the years, and this trip to Naples was right up there. Privilege to be there watching a performance that will be long remembered.

Your are the only person trying to belittle fellow Blues but to be fair, you are doing a pretty shoddy job of it. Everyone else accepts that people follow their own preference and other factors such as how much time Blues can take off work affect what they can do with their time on Away trips.

Many of us were on the long day trip and our our main focus was on supporting our Team. I can go another time to see the Old Fown of Naples and Vesuvius when there isn’t a game on if I wish to do so.

Just so you know Inidiana Jones / Crumpsall Colin, when we played Roma I visited St Peter’s and the Coliseum. When I go watch Atalanta, I’ve been to the Duma in Milan and the Italian Lakes. Btw I’ve stood on the Curca Nord at Atalanta and had a great time with the Home fans. Everyone does their own thing.

Last edited:
I used to get through a fair number of books at Maine Road in the grim days when City were bad.
I remember a bloke standing on the Kippax reading a copy of Hotspur (about 1983) as the game was being played. It was during the Div 2 season of 83-84 but it surely wasn't that boring? Every so often he'd look up to see what the noise was about. Having said that I don't know what's worse - reading during a game or watching someone read during a game!

I like to wear my City shirt and have a few beers before an away match. I sometimes read a book or play on my iPad. I always stay in very nice places with ensuite and full SKY facilities and go for the best seat available. It’s called home and to me you cannot beat it. Call me boring but I would never risk the violence or all the hassle, before, during or after the match you get at the stadium either against myself or any other member of my family. I would rather spend the money towards a proper holiday and I think the vast majority of City fans think as I do.. But as everyone keeps saying we are all different and I hope all those who do travel keep safe.

Your are the only person trying to belittle fellow Blues but to be fair, you are doing a pretty shoddy job of it. Everyone else accepts that people follow their own preference and other factors such as how much time Blues can take off work affect what they can do with their time on Away trips.

Many of us were on the long day trip and our our main focus was on supporting our Team. I can go another time to see the Old Fown of Naples and Vesuvius when there isn’t a game on if I wish to do so.

Just so you know Inidiana Jones / Crumpsall Colin, when we played Roma I visited St Peter’s and the Coliseum. When I go watch Atalanta, I’ve been to the Duma in Milan and the Italian Lakes. Btw I’ve stood on the Curca Nord at Atalanta and had a great time with the Home fans. Everyone does their own thing.

Exactly. The only ones doing the belittling are those who are implying that those blues on the receiving end of any trouble deserved it in some way - whether that be for the cardinal sin of flying a flag, or not being as “savvy” as others when doing their own thing. It reminds me of the clowns that said the Madrid police must’ve had good reason to attack City fans at the CL semi. I’ve got a mate who was on a family-orientated trip to Naples so they did a lot of stuff away from the main areas but that didn’t stop him and the others with him from getting chased by some of their nutters. He texted me this on Thursday morning:
“Well I’m glad to be leaving this shithole ... delighted to have witnessed Sergio record but worst Euro been to! Got chased for the first time since 1983 ish - horrible people” and also “There was a 67 year old and a 16 year old with 3 of us”.

The fact is anyone can find themselves in a sticky situation no matter how much they have their wits about them. Claiming that one is more clued up than someone else because you’ve never run into any trouble at matches down the years is pathetic points scoring and believe me, you never know when it might come on top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.