Attacks in Paris

It was essentially a jail break out of Abu Ghraib by a few hundred, who then persuaded other Sunnis to join them. I have heard Arabs say that it is a Western Plot but I am struggling to understand what has been gained or what was this masterplan. It has strengthened Iran's hand and made Israel look like an irrelevance. So I'll stick with the track record, which is of Wahabbis from Saudi sponsoring and inciting as many as they can because, as was Bin Laden's goal, they want to chase the infidels out of Arabia.

It is as good a theory as any Coleridge as we dont know all the facts.

Call me synical but they would say that wouldn't they
If the never read the Koran, I find it a bit strange that their flag contains the quote "there is no god but Allah" which I am pretty sure comes from the koran
That is just a big coincidence them?

ISIS are clearly Muslims but it does not make all Muslims members of ISIS.
There is a song sung in the UK called God Save the queen. Does that make all Brits christian and supporters of the queen or is it a rallying call to attract people to try and support the way of life they want. Namely God queen and country when the overwhelming majority of people clearly do not support ALL three?

I’m always puzzled by the sort of argument (if one can give it that name) that seems to be occurring online yet again. Whenever people complain about or criticise (or sympathise with the victims of) event A, someone pops up to say “Hey, but what about event B?”, as though the existence of event B somehow meant that event A was less bad, followed by the cry “why aren’t you criticising the perpetrators of event B?”.
The implication here is that it is wrong for anyone to criticise an evil action unless at the same time one criticises all the other evil actions in existence. (It seems to be especially wrong to criticise an evil action done nearby, if one has failed to make an equivalent criticism of a similar action done far away – the assumption here is that is wrong to have any special concern for those closest to you.) So if you sympathised about event A and failed to mention event B (not to mention events C-Z) you must be some kind of hypocrite.
These arguments parallel the ‘defence’ offered by government A or its supporters whenever it is accused of doing a bad thing: “hey, but what about government B? They also do bad things!” as though this made whatever government A had done less bad and unworthy of being criticised. Try getting away with this defence in court. (“Yes, I murdered him. But why are you picking on me? Lots of other people commit murder too! I don’t hear you criticising them!”)
It is a sad day when the sound of people weeping is drowned out by the noise of axes being ground.

They also miss the point that in point B civilian casualties are seen as a big mistake which a government will be criticised heavily for both internally and externally by everyone involved people may even lose their jobs.

In point A what do you think is happening? They set out to target civilians and they will be singing the praises of those involved in the attack because this is what they want. In point B their aim was to stop people like this from doing what they do more often than not and we have hipster apologists trying to claim they are doing the same things? Clueless. If nobody takes the fight to them what are they supposed to do, wait till they come to their own soil and kill more civilians before engaging with them? Everyone thinks they know best how to handle these situations without properly thinking it through... how would you really handle it if the decisions were up to you?

It is as good a theory as any Coleridge as we dont know all the facts.
No and we will probably never know. I am just a fan of the bleeding obvious and have no time for conspiracy theories. All I do know is that the open wound that erupted after the first Gulf War [following the collapse of the Eastern Bloc, of course] needs to be closed somehow. Sadly, this is going to cost many innocent lives but, for the long term good of the Middle East, it needs dealing with now. I have the feeling that France is going to drag everyone along into this 'war', including the UK.

ISIS are clearly Muslims but it does not make all Muslims members of ISIS.
There is a song sung in the UK called God Save the queen. Does that make all Brits christian and supporters of the queen or is it a rallying call to attract people to try and support the way of life they want. Namely God queen and country when the overwhelming majority of people clearly do not support ALL three?

Clearly you seem a little confused; I never said all Muslims were ISIS what I said was ISIS are fighting Jihad as per the Koran and That same Koran does not give them the option of entering Negotiation with Infidels Infidels either convert to Islam or are to be killed

My original point was ISIS are not interested in negotiating

Clearly you seem a little confused; I never said all Muslims were ISIS what I said was ISIS are fighting Jihad as per the Koran and That same Koran does not give them the option of entering Negotiation with Infidels Infidels either convert to Islam or are to be killed

My original point was ISIS are not interested in negotiating

The same Quran that says No one should be forced to believe in Islam “There is no compulsion where the religion is concerned.” (Holy Quran: 2/ 256) Like all holy books it is multiple choice so your reliance on the Quran would explain your confusion.

You have no idea what ISIS are thinking. Neither do i but they are talking to someone.

The same Quran that says No one should be forced to believe in Islam “There is no compulsion where the religion is concerned.” (Holy Quran: 2/ 256) Like all holy books it is multiple choice so your reliance on the Quran would explain your confusion.

You have no idea what ISIS are thinking. Neither do i but they are talking to someone.
you keep saying they are talking to people but you never seem to want to actually state who they are talking to
is that also a guess? or do you actually have any facts to back that up?

No and we will probably never know. I am just a fan of the bleeding obvious and have no time for conspiracy theories. All I do know is that the open wound that erupted after the first Gulf War [following the collapse of the Eastern Bloc, of course] needs to be closed somehow. Sadly, this is going to cost many innocent lives but, for the long term good of the Middle East, it needs dealing with now. I have the feeling that France is going to drag everyone along into this 'war', including the UK.

You say it is the bleeding obvious but your refusal to think there could be other ways or conspiracy theories if you don't like them will always drive you down the same path. Long before the Gulf War, maybe they should not have been given western guns and training.

you keep saying they are talking to people but you never seem to want to actually state who they are talking to
is that also a guess? or do you actually have any facts to back that up?

Well if they aren''t talking to anyone they have a far superior manufacturing sector than the UK does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.