Attacks in Paris

No one has , your embarrassing yourself , with your brown shirt, jack boot innuendos , boo fucking hoo some one doesn't think they way I do , have a word with yourself.
There are several posters in this thread who have shown themselves to be quite clearly racist. I have said it to two who have been far the worst, suggesting that it's Europe's response to the refugees that has cause the issue. The simple fact that you have little clear understanding that
  1. ISIL would prefer it if we thought like that
  2. Blaming refugees for the current malaise is inherently racist
Leads me see exactly where you are coming from. If you're feeling missed out I'll add you as the third fascist I've had to question. Is that better for you sweetheart?

Seeing as the thread has turned to the plight of Economic Migrants which only about 20% are from Syria.
AND a huge proportion are men who leave their wives & children to face the Serial Killers & child rapists that make up the Islamic State.
I have a question-WHY do Kurds see those people fleeing from Syria as cowards,most Kurds online actually take the piss because Kurdish Women are fighting Islamic State with a vengeance & Syrian Men are running away to a safe haven.
But whats the Bluemoon stance on this.Obviously some fleeing are Kurds/Christians so what do people make of the contempt Kurds feel for Syrians fleeing.
Strange but as i posted BBC1 is running a story about the Kurds fighting in Iraq,they say they want to free everyone.
Mass graves,forcing people to become Muslims,these fuckers are Hitlers Germany all over again.

Last edited:
The inevitable civilian casualties will only play into their hands though.

The West have been largely careful and targeted in their bombing campaigns, Russia tends not to give a fuck. If the gloves have come off tonight then that could be a double edged sword.

IS are probably just as capable of moving their base of operations to another town in the territory under their control.

Time will tell I suppose.
Excessive

spacing

between

lines

is

tiresome

I

find

I have always thought they have been rather over hyped, it takes a hell of a lot of logistics to hold on to that amount of territory, and whilst they have had access to captured weapons and ammunition this wont last forever whilst the opponents are getting armed to the teeth by the US and Russia, the collapse when does came will be very quick as it's fighters realise the game is up and will try to run because being captured would mean a rather horrible death especially if they are Foreign fighters who are treated with even more disdain, they will still be a dangerous group for a few years

Have seen some video's of captured fighters on both side's, doesn't end well. I don't think all of the isis nutters want to die either it's a hard thing to train someone to do.

If Russia and the US come together for once that would be a great start.

Because no one knows if religion exists or not, no one knows if science is right or not and if they pretend to they are tunnel visioned and are the same. I know aethiests who are every bit as arrogant, tunnel visioned and righteous as more solidly religious people I know. I don't particularly like those people who don't understand science and still sneer at religious people every bit as much as I find strongly religious people who espouse views I believe to be abhorrent.

Extremism of all ilks is the problem not the solution

When you say "no-one knows if religion exists or not" I assume you meant to say "no-one knows whether god exists or not"?

So which god would that be? Jehovah? Allah? Zeus? Thor? Athena? Mars? Shiva? Bacchus?

And which bit of "science" is "right or not"? The bit that might save your life if you have a heart attack? The bit that vaccinated you against polio? The bit that flies you off on your holidays? The bit that allow you to be having this discussion on the internet?

I repeat: That which can be asserted without evidence cam be dismissed without evidence (Hitchens)

There are several posters in this thread who have shown themselves to be quite clearly racist. I have said it to two who have been far the worst, suggesting that it's Europe's response to the refugees that has cause the issue. The simple fact that you have little clear understanding that
  1. ISIL would prefer it if we thought like that
  2. Blaming refugees for the current malaise is inherently racist
Leads me see exactly where you are coming from. If you're feeling missed out I'll add you as the third fascist I've had to question. Is that better for you sweetheart?

If you're including me among people who are holding refugees as responsible for the attack, then you clearly need to brush up on your reading comprehension.

Well to play devils advocate here why should your view that peoples desire for religious beliefs to be respected carry more weight than their view?

Live and let live is my view. I think respect is a two way thing and should be mutual.
I don't disagree with you, but I can respect an individual without respecting everyth
I'm sorry but if you don't understand why it is important to respect other folk's sincere beliefs about what they consider important I don't know how a conversation can be had. Similarly if you uncritically parrot slogans, make meaningless generalisations and show no understanding of the development and impact of our secular society of which you are a part. Seriously, these are troubled times, have a rest friend.

You are failing to make the distinction between respecting a person and, when circumstances are appropriate, respect their beliefs (for example, I wouldn't refuse to go to a religious wedding or funeral or behave other than with the utmost respect & decorum while there) - while not having respect for the beliefs per se.

These are troubled times, indeed. Need I remind you just how much recent trouble has stemmed from religious beliefs?

Condescend away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.