Attendance for Dortmund? Also banners/flares/inflatables?

mcfcliam said:
Stoned Rose said:
City Ultras. Cringe.

If this game doesnt sell out its a fucking disgrace.

Agree on both points.

Ultras don't work in England.

We should be selling this out. People don't seem arsed. I bet Madrid will sell out though.

so what if apparently ultras dont work in england, how does anyone know it wont when nobody has tried it. No one would have thought that the poznan would work. Id rather have a stand full of fans who sing for 90 minutes, with flags, displays and chants than the boring english stadiums we have now. Even middlesborough have one and there actually pretty good.

bluebannana said:
mcfcliam said:
Stoned Rose said:
City Ultras. Cringe.

Agree on both points.

We should be selling this out. People don't seem arsed. I bet Madrid will sell out though.

so what if apparently ultras dont work in england, how does anyone know it wont when nobody has tried it. No one would have thought that the poznan would work. Id rather have a stand full of fans who sing for 90 minutes, with flags, displays and chants than the boring english stadiums we have now. Even middlesborough have one and there actually pretty good.

This.

We don't have to call ourselves ultras, we just need a very loyal set of fans who go every game who can lead the atmosphere every game and maintain it throughout the 90 mins of a game.

The problem with English fans is that we have this ridiculous amount of pride that we think we do it the best way always and when we look at how the European fans go about their business we always seem to be amazed by what they do and hope we can emulate it, yet when the topic is discussed, we always shut it down and say its very cringeworthy if we were to replicate it.

I am all for covering the stands with flags, smoke bombs, flares and having a lead group to get the songs going.

sam-caddick said:
bluebannana said:
mcfcliam said:
Agree on both points.

This.

We don't have to call ourselves ultras, we just need a very loyal set of fans who go every game who can lead the atmosphere every game and maintain it throughout the 90 mins of a game.

The problem with English fans is that we have this ridiculous amount of pride that we think we do it the best way always and when we look at how the European fans go about their business we always seem to be amazed by what they do and hope we can emulate it, yet when the topic is discussed, we always shut it down and say its very cringeworthy if we were to replicate it.

I am all for covering the stands with flags, smoke bombs, flares and having a lead group to get the songs going.

well volunteered.

City just took the third tier off internet sale again and seems to be focusing on the remaining second tier seats available (not many). A few minutes ago when I loaded it nearly every 3rd tier block was blue coloured meaning availability but when I clicked a few no available seats appeared so I don't know. I think we might get a decent amount of sales on the day but not sure this will sell out. Sunderland is almost sold out finally, this is limping to a complete sell out - a blip in form and the overwhelming demand suddenly isn't there like it was before.

bluebannana said:
mcfcliam said:
Stoned Rose said:
City Ultras. Cringe.

Agree on both points.

This.

Boro's are very good considering the amount of people they have attending. Red Faction they're called. I go to a fair few 'Boro Games and I'm always thinking why City can't get something similar going.

There's been a lot of trouble regarding the drum they use though and I would think that a lot of City fans would moan about the same thing. It's not essential though.

sam-caddick said:
bluebannana said:
mcfcliam said:
Agree on both points.

This.

The problem is ground regulations and too many rules in modern day, sanitised English football.

This will never happen. Even flags require a safety check FFS.

mcfcliam said:
sam-caddick said:
bluebannana said:

This.

The problem is ground regulations and too many rules in modern day, sanitised English football.

This will never happen. Even flags require a safety check FFS.

its already starting to happen, all be it gradually, look at palace now, celtic -green brigade, rangers, middlesborough. You dont need thousands just a few hundred.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuuO3JbY6Mc&feature=related[/youtube]

why cant the blue alliance or such do something similar to this.

If you take out the fact that people hate the 'political element' of old firm fans then you'd have to say some of their displays, at derby matches especially, are superb.
The Ultra's at Celtic are a loud and well organised group - think the Rangers equivalent is called the Blue Order.
I'd love to see City give over a couple of blocks to un-segregated seating to young boisterous lads and let them get on with it.
Anyone else that has an issue with how hot their Boveril or how comfy their seat is could fuck off elsewhere.
I suppose the big problem is cost for the younger lads though. How in fucks name can they do a load of aways - London especially - when the cost of match tickets and travel is prohibitive.
I'm in my mid-thirties now and I know it's not to everyones taste but for me the younger generations are key to our future support and should be encouraged. They want to get pissed up and have a sing song, let them get on with it -give them their own specific sections and tell stewards to leave them be within reason.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.