Attendances

The away fans are usually really good. Juve were non-existent, and I suspect Sevilla will be the same judging by what I have seen, or not seen in town. Dortmund, Poznan, Bayern, Lokeren, Aris been memorable and put us to absolute shame. Was the same again last night when Bayern went to the Emirates.

They were noisier than Arsenal in first 5 mins

Looked like the ground was still nearly full coming into the last minutes from th highlights. Good to see.

45k is a thousand more than we got against Bayern last season and that's when they brought 2,500k so it's a good crowd for City. We have the 3rd biggest crowds in the country and soon it will be 2nd

Hahaha!!!!!!!!!!.
But I later said that 45,000 was probably about right as I'd failed to account for people who already had tickets in the Colin Bell 3rd tier. I was surprised at the size of the crowd as it looked to be more than that at the match. The first two tiers were pretty full and the only blocks not occupied were in the third tier where the Sevilla fans would have been. The East Stand 3rd tier looked about 85% full whereas the CB 3rd tier was no more than 2/3rds full. So on the night I thought there were about 48,000 there.

But I later said that 45,000 was probably about right as I'd failed to account for people who already had tickets in the Colin Bell 3rd tier. I was surprised at the size of the crowd as it looked to be more than that at the match. The first two tiers were pretty full and the only blocks not occupied were in the third tier where the Sevilla fans would have been. The East Stand 3rd tier looked about 85% full whereas the CB 3rd tier was no more than 2/3rds full. So on the night I thought there were about 48,000 there.

34 k on lower 2 tiers / 3000 on Colin Bell Upper / 4000 opposite that / 4000 South stand upper - - 45 - bang on.

Good attendance last night - if you compare it to most other big clubs around europe, there are only a handful of them that sell out the early games.

To be getting 46,000 at this stage is promising, especially considering how many fans dislike the competition!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.