Attendances

100,000 fans in five days, including 95k Blues. Our good fan base continues to grow.

The overseas Blues near me joined in with the signing. It would be good if a few more of the locals did likewise!

As I was in 119 the only stand I couldn't see was CB3 the only seats I could see empty were high level ES3 I guessed about 800-1K and the SS3 above the away fans 1K max. Not many scattered seats available elsewhere when everyone filtered in after the amber alert at about 30 mins in(Fella next to me was kept out for 20 mins after being 10 mins late) maybe a few hundred throughout the stadium based on that I reckoned there were about 50K there surprised to see 45.5 tbh I certainly couldn't see 10K empty!

It would help if the empty block in the new South stand was split around the upper tiers, say top 4 rows so that is less obvious or the 4 corners.

I don't think there is anything wrong with that article all of it is very true...
All it does is give ammunition to the Emptyhad brigade. Comparing CL attendances to PL attendances is stupid. For the PL we need to sell less than 10,000 tickets as there are over 40,000 ST holders. For the CL, we probably need to sell more than 20,000. 45,500 is a very respectable attendance for a weekday evening compared to the rest of Europe. Arsenal had over 10,000 empty seats but there was no article about that.

All it does is give ammunition to the Emptyhad brigade. Comparing CL attendances to PL attendances is stupid. For the PL we need to sell less than 10,000 tickets as there are over 40,000 ST holders. For the CL, we probably need to sell more than 20,000. 45,500 is a very respectable attendance for a weekday evening compared to the rest of Europe. Arsenal had over 10,000 empty seats but there was no article about that.

Yeah i agree with that and your right am not really sure why we get such a bashing for our attendances no other teams are mentioned except ours, it's pathetic really but it is an annoyance as it now is a regular joke from fans up and down the country as the media have painted this picture that we have 20,000 empty seats every game, but the tone of the article didn't come across as having a dig to me, i think it just addressed the many issues/reasons as to why the attendance was what it was

Last edited:
Yeah i agree with that and your right am not really sure why we get such a bashing for our attendances no other teams are mentioned except ours, it's pathetic really but it is an annoyance as it now is a regular joke from fans up and down the country as the media have painted this picture that we have 20,000 empty seats every game, but the tone of the article didn't come across as having a dig to me, i think it just addressed the many issues as to why the attendance was what it was
Whatever the tone of the article, it just wasn't necessary. The headline was enough to provide a negative picture. If there was an equivalent article for Arsenal the day before then fair enough but it just seems to be us that gets articles about attendance. There are enough articles about UEFA without the need for another one pointing out its supposed effect on our attendance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.