Attendances

Bit of a last minute surge happening again by the looks of it. Steady sales all afternoon in the East stand upper Tier which has 1297 tickets left - there are 7,250 ish tickets unsold as of now by my calcs. we could sell a couple of thousand between now and the game - 46,645 is my guess. Not bad at all for a shit school night.

45k would be a very good attendance for us in this competition.

We need to win some home games in this competition and make fans associate CL night with fun and excitement. It's something like 3 wins in 13 CL home games.

We need to win some home games in this competition and make fans associate CL night with fun and excitement. It's something like 3 wins in 13 CL home games.

Will fully admit I'm partly to,blame as I simply don't care for CL home games. I've been to 4 or 5 away and similar at home.

As a fan base we need to embrace the competition as this will only help the team. But for me it's dull, too tactical and full of play acting and cheating. It's simply not fun to watch.
Rehabs as you say, a few wins, a bit of momentum we may grow to like it.

and 1 clean sheet.

Will fully admit I'm partly to,blame as I simply don't care for CL home games. I've been to 4 or 5 away and similar at home.

As a fan base we need to embrace the competition as this will only help the team. But for me it's dull, too tactical and full of play acting and cheating. It's simply not fun to watch.

You'll be interested once we start winning it.

I find it dull n'all. Our atmosphere is dead, it's full of tourists, the games are too fragmented and the away fans' drums and crap "oooahwooaahowahooaaah" monotonous chants do my fucking sweed in.

Plus the club fuck me off from my seat to accommodate away fans.

But i'm sticking with it to see if a semi final run changes my mind and the excitement really gets me later in the comp. So far i've been seriously underwhelmed by the competition though.

It's also football on a higher level than we are used to seeing most weeks....as we saw last night at Arsenal.

Managing to beat these teams is the next challenge. I think that's hugely exciting, but as you say there is a lot of really cynical play from the like of Barcelona and Chelsea. I didn't see much last night though from Bayern and Arsenal. Football wise, the CL league especially the elite teams are still above us, but we're not as far off as we were. The UEFA saga has given a few blues the excuse they need not to bother which is a shame as we don't want to be beaten by anybody.

You'll be interested once we start winning it.

Pretty sure I say that. I'm an attendee when I can. I only make 50% of the home games in the league and I have a season ticket. As I say I've been Germany a few times, Spain a couple and will no doubt go go the knockout stage.

My point, and I go a lot, I'd probably prefer currently the League Cup. I will attend CL matches when I can and love a European away day. Just not blind to the reasons why many don't care for UEFA's cash cow.

I find it dull n'all. Our atmosphere is dead, it's full of tourists, the games are too fragmented and the away fans' drums and crap "oooahwooaahowahooaaah" monotonous chants do my fucking sweed in.

Plus the club fuck me off from my seat to accommodate away fans.

But i'm sticking with it to see if a semi final run changes my mind and the excitement really gets me later in the comp. So far i've been seriously underwhelmed by the competition though.
The away fans are usually really good. Juve were non-existent, and I suspect Sevilla will be the same judging by what I have seen, or not seen in town. Dortmund, Poznan, Bayern, Lokeren, Aris been memorable and put us to absolute shame. Was the same again last night when Bayern went to the Emirates.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.