Attendances

Because our club don't give a shit about who attends as long as they can make as much match day income as possible?

That means expect a growing number of football tourists and plastics from all over the globe will make up a larger and larger proportion of our match crowd, and then people will wonder why our atmosphere continues to nosedive.

They even get priority for the biggest games of the season nowadays, the derby on Sunday being a good example.

Loyalty has no value anymore. All about the £.
I don't think that is a fair post at all. The other day the tickets were a quid for kids and £15 in most places. If you are a big fan you can get a season ticket at a great price if you are that bothered get in the queue in good time and you would have got a season ticket for £299.

And the atmospheres this season have been the best in a few years. And I have just bought 4 tickets for some family and grandkids - cost me 2 x 24 for the kids and 35 for a pensioner. Total of 82 pounds for 3 people to have a great day out in very good seats. I don't think that is taking the piss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because our club don't give a shit about who attends as long as they can make as much match day income as possible?

That means expect a growing number of football tourists and plastics from all over the globe will make up a larger and larger proportion of our match crowd, and then people will wonder why our atmosphere continues to nosedive.

They even get priority for the biggest games of the season nowadays, the derby on Sunday being a good example.

Wouldn't loyalty in the footballing sense be someone who attends all games, and therefore has a season ticket? In which case wouldn't they be rewarded by a better average price for each game because they'd bought in bulk. Wouldn't cheap individual matchday tickets undermine that loyalty and make season ticket holders feel puzzled as to how a game can be cheaper buying it as a one off than as part of a season?!

You are right that the ticket prices are too expensive and I have sympathy for your point.

However, last night Kun Aguero spent time with the family of Chris Shaw R.I.P. By no means comparable but after a Manchester Derby, Vinny Kompany pulled over at the traffic lights with his wife in the car until my brother could get home and drive back with his short for Vinny to sign.

Yes these are gestures of kindest by individual players but we are still a long way from being as mercenary as the rags. £20 tickets last time (kids from a quid) and £300 season cards also come to mind.

Last edited:

tell us of this wonderfull time in the clubs existence when it wasnt about pounds, or any football club for that matter

Not been on top of the seat counting for Thai one with half term! How we looking for tomo?

Two amber blocks with about 50 in each. About 70 red blocks with maybe an average of 5 in each so I'd say about 500 available in total.

Cheers west dids. They could go tommorrow. Very decent once again. West dids - I used to play for the four in hand for many years! Is it still called that.

Cheers west dids. They could go tommorrow. Very decent once again. West dids - I used to play for the four in hand for many years! Is it still called that.
It's been the Green Finch for a few years now. Decent beer garden there. I usually go to the Railway opposite the Met.

It's been the Green Finch for a few years now. Decent beer garden there. I usually go to the Railway opposite the Met.

Never seemed to have an atmosphere the four in hand back in the day. Had many a pint in the railway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.