Attendances

Sure. I agree. Just saying they have a good following. Their ave this year is just over 13.
Factor in, the fact that they're bloody awful to watch in general.
I'm a bit biased as used to go to a few of their games when i lived there.
They weren't too bad then.
It's actually 18k not 13. A big jump on previous seasons

Yes the MEN article , and the obvious pics of empty sections, lead the complete lie on the average 75k.

Especially in cups... But the poor season ticket holders are held at gunpoint to buy cup tickets... But luckily the prawn sandwich Cheshire brigade can afford to throw money at the problem by buying tickets and not turn up... But the bought tickets still count in the official ministry of misnumbers attendance figures released (empty or occupied)

The soccerstats site is good, but they've killed off a lot of the historical data recently, you used to be able to go back to 2008.

Another site for historical attendances is http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/england.htm

Have a look at the attendance ranking (33) of United in 1931... But remember they are a massive club whose fans are never fickle and always will support them, because that is....The United way.

And then compare that ranking to our wilderness year in level 3 ...14! Not 14th in level 3, 14th in all 4 divisions.

Wow, I didn't realise we've never sunk lower than 14th (based on what you've said) in the attendance table & ManUre have been as low as 33rd! I'll keep that under wraps and ready for use for when that Rag knuckle dragger next crawls out from under his stone.

I'm aware that the Rag season ticket holders have to buy cup tickets, but what's scary is that I read an article which said that we may be considering something closer to the German model to keep the attendance/capacity percentages as close to full as possible. From what I understand, at Bayern if a fan misses over a certain number of games per season they run the risk of having their season ticket revoked. Whatever happens, I just hope the club keeps us hard pressed fans at the front of their minds.

Wow, I didn't realise we've never sunk lower than 14th (based on what you've said) in the attendance table & ManUre have been as low as 33rd! I'll keep that under wraps and ready for use for when that Rag knuckle dragger next crawls out from under his stone.

I'm aware that the Rag season ticket holders have to buy cup tickets, but what's scary is that I read an article which said that we may be considering something closer to the German model to keep the attendance/capacity percentages as close to full as possible. From what I understand, at Bayern if a fan misses over a certain number of games per season they run the risk of having their season ticket revoked. Whatever happens, I just hope the club keeps us hard pressed fans at the front of their minds.

The situation at Bayern is very different. At Saturday it will be the 300th Bundesliga match of Bayern in a row that is sold out. The waiting list for season ticket holds more than 15000 people - but it is already closed since a couple years as it does not make any sense to be no. 20001... There is maybe 50 or 100 ticketholders every year that do not renew it...

That is why they implemented this. It cannot be that so many people are desparately waiting when some are just using it on occasion. You have to see that when you take away all the season tickets, away tickets, Vip seats, special tickets, fan clubs e.g. for hotel bundles etc. there is maybe 20.000 tickets left each match day for distribution amongst the other fans if not less. And Bayern has no home match with less than 107.000 orders (against teams like Dortmund or Schalke it is more than 300.000) already in before the season starts. So even if you are a member of the club you are really lucky to get a ticket. You will not have luck with most of your orders.

The Allianz Arena is too small for the club. But the Olympic stadium was not always sold out especially when it got colder. And the city just allowed both clubs to build one stadium together - and 1860 (then in the Bundesliga) usually just averaged about 30 or 35.000.

As long as the attendance is over 48 000, it has justified the club's decision to expand Etihad to its current current capacity.

The average crowd is far higher than that.

And who gives a fuck if there are a few empty seats?

As long as the attendance is over 48 000, it has justified the club's decision to expand Etihad to its current current capacity.

The average crowd is far higher than that.

And who gives a fuck if there are a few empty seats?
+1

The situation at Bayern is very different. At Saturday it will be the 300th Bundesliga match of Bayern in a row that is sold out. The waiting list for season ticket holds more than 15000 people - but it is already closed since a couple years as it does not make any sense to be no. 20001... There is maybe 50 or 100 ticketholders every year that do not renew it...

That is why they implemented this. It cannot be that so many people are desparately waiting when some are just using it on occasion. You have to see that when you take away all the season tickets, away tickets, Vip seats, special tickets, fan clubs e.g. for hotel bundles etc. there is maybe 20.000 tickets left each match day for distribution amongst the other fans if not less. And Bayern has no home match with less than 107.000 orders (against teams like Dortmund or Schalke it is more than 300.000) already in before the season starts. So even if you are a member of the club you are really lucky to get a ticket. You will not have luck with most of your orders.

The Allianz Arena is too small for the club. But the Olympic stadium was not always sold out especially when it got colder. And the city just allowed both clubs to build one stadium together - and 1860 (then in the Bundesliga) usually just averaged about 30 or 35.000.

At City, a tout for example could gain access to a bunch of season tickets, & make enough money from the biggest games, to pay for the ticket for the rest of the season. Thus creating empty seats at many of the lesser matches. Similarly people who live further away & can afford to buy season tickets, can do the same.

What is pretty clear, demonstrated by the increase in attendance since Maine Rd, is that City are capable of a continued rise on average, year in year out, especially if seat prices were made more affordable & are on target to eventually catch Bayern, Utd & everybody else, provided they remain successful & entertaining.

As it stands, we would still have empty seats, even if we had 100k fans trying to get in, because people have bought them & are not always using them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.