Attendances

At City, a tout for example could gain access to a bunch of season tickets, & make enough money from the biggest games, to pay for the ticket for the rest of the season. Thus creating empty seats at many of the lesser matches. Similarly people who live further away & can afford to buy season tickets, can do the same.

What is pretty clear, demonstrated by the increase in attendance since Maine Rd, is that City are capable of a continued rise on average, year in year out, especially if seat prices were made more affordable & are on target to eventually catch Bayern, Utd & everybody else, provided they remain successful & entertaining.

As it stands, we would still have empty seats, even if we had 100k fans trying to get in, because people have bought them & are not always using them.

i am guilty of that, but have been for the last 12 years

i am guilty of that, but have been for the last 12 years

The answer to that is, in the future when there is an even bigger demand for seats, that you are obliged to make your seat available for resale for every game you or a 'stand in' can't attend.

Then you get money for the seat & it gets used, everyone's happy. If you don't make the seat available & still miss a bunch of games, you lose the ability to renew the season ticket & it goes to someone on the waiting list.

Seems fair enough to me (I'm a season ticket holder & will miss 4or5 matches due to working away but currently give it to my mate, but if he wasn't available, I'd be happy to agree to those terms).

The answer to that is, in the future when there is an even bigger demand for seats, that you are obliged to make your seat available for resale for every game you or a 'stand in' can't attend.

Then you get money for the seat & it gets used, everyone's happy. If you don't make the seat available & still miss a bunch of games, you lose the ability to renew the season ticket & it goes to someone on the waiting list.

Seems fair enough to me (I'm a season ticket holder & will miss 4or5 matches due to working away but currently give it to my mate, but if he wasn't available, I'd be happy to agree to those terms).

would be happy to do that, in fact am doing that this season

We go to America at this time every year for the Black Friday sales and always give our seats to friends, who are not in a position to be able to afford to go.

It's usually no more than two games and they're the only ones we miss.

As long as the attendance is over 48 000, it has justified the club's decision to expand Etihad to its current current capacity.

The average crowd is far higher than that.

And who gives a fuck if there are a few empty seats?
I Think the Owner does, but the average attendance is really good

At City, a tout for example could gain access to a bunch of season tickets, & make enough money from the biggest games, to pay for the ticket for the rest of the season. Thus creating empty seats at many of the lesser matches. Similarly people who live further away & can afford to buy season tickets, can do the same.

What is pretty clear, demonstrated by the increase in attendance since Maine Rd, is that City are capable of a continued rise on average, year in year out, especially if seat prices were made more affordable & are on target to eventually catch Bayern, Utd & everybody else, provided they remain successful & entertaining.

As it stands, we would still have empty seats, even if we had 100k fans trying to get in, because people have bought them & are not always using them.

Thing is I'd be more worried if there were swathes or blocks of empty seats. Fact is there aren't.

Thing is I'd be more worried if there were swathes or blocks of empty seats. Fact is there aren't.

True.

But as demand increases, I don't think it's unreasonable that us season ticket holders should be obliged to either use our seat or make it available for someone else to buy, & that those who frequently leave an empty seat, lose their ability to renew for the following season.

I've had tickets for cup games but couldnt make it and couldnt reasonably know until just before kick off that would be the case.

I think we need to be careful before placing more conditions on supporters. We've financially committed to the club, many of us through a period when the club needed that commitment. I reckon it's a bit much to then turn around and say sod off, you're not good enough for us any more.

I've had tickets for cup games but couldnt make it and couldnt reasonably know until just before kick off that would be the case.

I think we need to be careful before placing more conditions on supporters. We've financially committed to the club, many of us through a period when the club needed that commitment. I reckon it's a bit much to then turn around and say sod off, you're not good enough for us any more.
I think what they getting at is that people are getting season tickets at a proper bargain then cant be arsed going to certain matches ,because the ticket is so cheap it doesn't seem like they losing out ,it not much of any effort to ,sell ,give to family or friends or let the club resell for you, granted there will always be times when the unexpected happens at the last minute and you cant go

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.