Attendances

I am amazed that 40000 people want to go to a match in a work night. The missing 15000 people are people who prefer to watch it in TV. It is that simple. I have been to 600 plus city games and years ago would go away in Simod cup games etc! I now have a life. I go to maybe 25 games a season and that is plenty with juggling work and a family. The traffic on midweek games is horrendous. That is a huge reason I don't go to many midweeks. It's not a problem. If we got 10000 I would say the same.
Thankfully 40,000 don't have lives, work and have special traffic lanes then.

Finances excepting, it comes down to personal choice and commitment.

On the personal choice front, I've watched too much crap over the years to miss us competing against the best in Europe. BMG were the Bundesliha's form team!

It's simple for me. If I can get to the game I'll go. Wherever that be a league cup game on a Tuesday night against a league two side or a premier league game on a weekend. Unfortunately due to work there are games I'll miss, some of them the biggest of the season. If I can physically get there though I will.

It was a shame to see so many empty seats last night. It was a big night for the club and we made history. However, I wasn't surprised. For a while now I think there's been a growing lack of identity with some fans.

Without comparing, but then doing exactly that, Mancini inspired many City fans. His passion was compelling. I don't expect Pellegrini to match those levels, but I do think a manager should lead from the front.

Take the Klopp appointment, there's a buzz around Anfield. He's become engrossed with everything LFC and they love him. Then I ask myself, do we love Pellegrini? I don't think so, despite the Lamborghini chant. Mancini would make sure his squad applauded our travelling support, he endorsed good relations with the fans. Pellegrini doesn't, he's not interested in winning a popularity vote. He's a quiet, reserved gentleman, but that may be his downfall - for me anyway.

Adding to that, our form has been inconsistent. Fans respond to the football being served up on the pitch. We've conceded the initiative in the league again and we're leaking a lot of goals. I don't think there are many leaders in this side.

Hopefully last nights win will give us the kick start we need, but another false dawn and the fans really will vote with their feet. CTID.

It was a shame to see so many empty seats last night. It was a big night for the club and we made history. However, I wasn't surprised. For a while now I think there's been a growing lack of identity with some fans.

Without comparing, but then doing exactly that, Mancini inspired many City fans. His passion was compelling. I don't expect Pellegrini to match those levels, but I do think a manager should lead from the front.

Take the Klopp appointment, there's a buzz around Anfield. He's become engrossed with everything LFC and they love him. Then I ask myself, do we love Pellegrini? I don't think so, despite the Lamborghini chant. Mancini would make sure his squad applauded our travelling support, he endorsed good relations with the fans. Pellegrini doesn't, he's not interested in winning a popularity vote. He's a quiet, reserved gentleman, but that may be his downfall - for me anyway.

Adding to that, our form has been inconsistent. Fans respond to the football being served up on the pitch. We've conceded the initiative in the league again and we're leaking a lot of goals. I don't think there are many leaders in this side.

Hopefully last nights win will give us the kick start we need, but another false dawn and the fans really will vote with their feet. CTID.

thoughtful post, but if, as you say, there are more false dawns and the matchday spectators vote with their feet, doesnt that make us all a little..... fickle?

I'm sorry but if you don't come home from every single game with no voice left because you've been singing for 90 minutes, you've no right to criticise other fans for a lack of noise. A good atmosphere is the responsibility of all 50,000 in the stadium not just 1,000 odd.

Have to agree. For the most part the new singing section hasn't worked. It's just the same as the singing section in blocks 111, 110 and 109.

When it was first announced, and fans wishing to sing were asked to relocate to 115 and 114, the numbers mentioned where in there 100's, apparently.

In reality what we've ended up with is a scattering of singing fans throughout 115 and 114, with 15-25 1894 stood in 115 under the overhang.

thoughtful post, but if, as you say, there are more false dawns and the matchday spectators vote with their feet, doesnt that make us all a little..... fickle?

Yes, football fans are notoriously fickle and every spectator has the right to come and go as they wish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.