Attendances

I have just watched highlights of the Real Madrid match all those empty seats!! Do they get panned for that in Spain i wonder?

I think just under 42 thousand on a Tuesday night,with the games coming thick and fast and Christmas around the corner is pretty good.The game was also a dead rubber as we had already qualified and not many thought Juventus wouldn't get at least a point.

Plenty of empties in most of the stadiums watching the highlights.

I agree.They must think fans have very deep pockets and nobody works or has other commitments so can turn up for every single game come what may. Even if the game is £10 you have to bang on another £10 probably minimum for travel.While i know food and drink are voluntary most people need to at least grab a snack somewhere along the line.

I think just under 42 thousand on a Tuesday night,with the games coming thick and fast and Christmas around the corner is pretty good.The game was also a dead rubber as we had already qualified and not many thought Juventus wouldn't get at least a point.
If come May 15th, we're 2 points behind united who only have to play Bournemouth at home, while we have Swansea away, will you consider it a dead rubber too ?

It wasn't a "dead rubber" at all, as it proved, personally I'm glad those that couldn't be arsed missed a great night out.

If come May 15th, we're 2 points behind united who only have to play Bournemouth at home, while we have Swansea away, will you consider it a dead rubber too ?

It wasn't a "dead rubber" at all, as it proved, personally I'm glad those that couldn't be arsed missed a great night out.

I stand by what i said,i didn't say it was MY view it was a dead rubber and i probably missed out adding ''Most fans viewed it as a dead rubber' which i am sure a lot did. Seville away was going to be tricky as they want to be in the Europa league having won it a couple of times.I thought Juventus would be able to grind a point out there though.

I stand by what i said,i didn't say it was MY view it was a dead rubber and i probably missed out adding ''Most fans viewed it as a dead rubber' which i am sure a lot did. Seville away was going to be tricky as they want to be in the Europa league having won it a couple of times.I thought Juventus would be able to grind a point out there though.
I don't think you answered my question, but in case it annoyed, I'll re-phrase it to "will most fans consider it a dead rubber".

We both know the answer, that there'll be 20000 wanting an away ticket for Swansea, moaning about loyalty points, supporters clubs, and corporates.

Our support at times is the butt of jokes from the media and other clubs fans, often wrongly, but games like last night are the very reason why, its was a pitiful home crowd imho, especially at prices little more than the Capital 1 Cup, on what was an important night for the club. As someone else pointed out earlier in the thread, there were probably 15000 "loyal" season ticket holders missing last night, right when the club needed our support, allowing Gladbach to take getting on for a 1/4 of the stadium for themselves, of course they'll mostly return on Saturday, and all will be fine with our "fantastic support".

Sorry i didn't realise it was a question wanting an answer i thought you were speaking hypothetically. Why did you think it annoyed me lol? A little touchy?

if that scenario was to occur yes a lot of fans would consider that a dead rubber too,although there would be a clamour for tickets on the ''Just in case'' basis.It isn't a great analogy either as one game wins us the title and the other just put us through to another round of the Champions league,with the possibility that winning the group may get us an easier draw.Another reason why some fans might have considered it a dead rubber is they might not see why winning the group or coming second is that important.We might get on paper an easier tie and advance into the quarter finals but we would likely pull one of the big boys out of the hat then anyway.

A lot of our fans as you know don't have a great love affair of affinity with the champions league either,though before you make the point,yes if we reach the final they will all be screaming for tickets. All these points coming on top of a pretty gutless display at Stoke probably meant a lot of fans thought ''Fuck it!''

It may not have been 15000 season ticket holders that stayed away but whatever the price it is still extra expenditure and more expensive when you add on travel costs and food and drink.Also for a lot of fans night games can be problematic due to reduced running of transport after 6pm in a lot of areas. I still think 42000 was a decent crowd we are not going to sell out every game,less so as we have had a lot of home games lately and Christmas is so close.

I don't think you answered my question, but in case it annoyed, I'll re-phrase it to "will most fans consider it a dead rubber".

We both know the answer, that there'll be 20000 wanting an away ticket for Swansea, moaning about loyalty points, supporters clubs, and corporates.

Our support at times is the butt of jokes from the media and other clubs fans, often wrongly, but games like last night are the very reason why, its was a pitiful home crowd imho, especially at prices little more than the Capital 1 Cup, on what was an important night for the club. As someone else pointed out earlier in the thread, there were probably 15000 "loyal" season ticket holders missing last night, right when the club needed our support, allowing Gladbach to take getting on for a 1/4 of the stadium for themselves, of course they'll mostly return on Saturday, and all will be fine with our "fantastic support".
What a smug bastard you are.

Those of us who travel long distances find mid-week matches a problem sometimes.

On Tuesday the railway line around Carlisle was shut, the whole area was devastated by floods. To attend the match I had to take two days off work and travel South the long way round via Newcastle and York.

I don't get this raggish obsession with empty seats. Last season the attendance would have been well over 90% capacity and a lot more than City were getting for the likes of Plzen, CSKA Moscow, Villareal, Ajax, etc and not far below that for Borussia Dortmund and Napoli.

So there are a few empty seats. So what?

Get used to it there may be more when the next phase of the stadium expansion is completed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.