Attendances

Those of us who travel long distances find mid-week matches a problem sometimes.
Tell me about it, mine is a 7 hour round trip at best, but I apologise for mentioning you personally in my post.

For the record, my point had absolutely nothing to do with 'empty seats', and everything to do with the game being a "dead rubber", which it wasn't. It would have been nice if more people could have supported the club in an important game though.

@JGLO7 I don't get the obsession either,it is like we used to always have a full stadium every game in our past and now we don't.I think the piss taking by the media and rags is getting to some.

For the record, my point had absolutely nothing to do with 'empty seats', and everything to do with the game being a "dead rubber", which it wasn't. It would have been nice if more people could have supported the club in an important game though.

The number of people who posted saying they couldn't be arsed, it's a non event and a dead rubber absolutely did not understand what a dead rubber match is. There was everything to play for, for all 4 clubs in the group.

@cleavers you might be mixing up myself with JGLO7 or i myself may be mistaken...it is rather late and i am tired lol!
No, wasn't mistaking it, I was responding to being called a "smug bastard" by someone who hadn't bothered to read the context of what I posted earlier about the game being a "dead rubber", he just jumped on me thinking my post was about empty seats, which it wasn't, it was disappointing I admit, given the actual importance of the game.

At no point did I have a go at people who make long journeys not attending, being one of them, I'm more than aware of those sacrifices involved.

There WAS everything to play for but for a lot of our fans i still think they thought first or second might keep us in one round longer, but ultimately we will meet one of the big three and be out,so didn't attach such great importance to it.There again i may be totally wrong lol!

The number of people who posted saying they couldn't be arsed, it's a non event and a dead rubber absolutely did not understand what a dead rubber match is. There was everything to play for, for all 4 clubs in the group.

I think a few will think they missed out now.

I like the outraged ones who say it will take them over an hour to get home so they can't be arsed. I wish I could get home within 2 hours and I'd have been there and still be at every single match.

I like the outraged ones who say it will take them over an hour to get home so they can't be arsed. I wish I could get home within 2 hours and I'd have been there and still be at every single match.

Nobody will ever solve the riddle of why people leave early, I stay until the end of the game and had to stop using a mini bus because they leave 10 minutes before the end, It takes them 7 minutes to get back to the Pub.

i've not been to a CL home game since Dortmund,i live about 15 mins drive from the stadium,i don't feel like i missed out....bring on Saturday...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.